Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their changing expectations.
One thing that's stayed the same since our founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and employees.
Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a powerful contender in the field of insurance.
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.Compensation Minimum:$63,000 Compensation Maximum:$124,000 The Actuarial Associate position will be part of the Property Indication team and is responsible to perform actuarially sound indications for all property products under the American Family enterprise ($4.5B in written premiums across 4 different Operating Companies). The Actuarial Associate will work closely with Regional State Managers to assess rate needs in each program and develop a strategy to meet profitability goals.
This position offers an excellent opportunity to interact with other actuaries in the American Family community, including working closely with regional pricing actuaries and CAT team.
We are seeking a strong contributor who is dedicated to pursue his actuarial exams and who is looking for an engaging work environment that values collaboration and strives for excellence.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
Perform quarterly indications for property products under the American Family enterprise Develop best in class indication methodologies/assumptions
- Out-of-the-box thinker who can evaluate current assumptions and propose new methodologies to improve efficiency/accuracy of estimates
Communicate results effectively to all stakeholders
- Deliver results and business recommendations to State Managers across the enterprise on a quarterly basis
- Provide support to rate filings to ensure quick approvals from Department of Insurance
- Relevant Experience: A minimum of 3 years of professional experience, ideally including work in Property & Casualty insurance;
- Exams: Passing grades on a minimum of 5 Casualty Actuarial exams and desire to achieve Fellowship in the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS)
- Educational Credentials: A bachelor’s degree and quantitative analytical knowledge is required; a graduate degree is preferred, but not required;
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: A self-starter who can identify business opportunities, develop a product plan to capitalize on those opportunities, and successfully implement the plan;
- Structured & Logical Thinking: The ability to identify and define business problems and issues, and develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to conduct analyses;
- Analytical Rigor : Analyze state performance, identify additional areas of research, and recommend improvements;
- Powerful Communication : The ability to communicate effectively and succinctly across a variety of media;
- Team Player : The candidate will need to work well as part of a team;
- Software Experience: Knowledge of SQL, SAS, R, Python, Tableau, Microstrategy, and/or other programming/data query/reporting knowledge, in addition, intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel is required;
The candidate selected for this position will be a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who is intellectually curious with a demonstrated interest in learning. This person will also need to be a self-motivated, high-energy individual who can easily function in a fast-paced, performance-driven environment. He/she must be accustomed to working on multiple tasks in parallel and committed to meeting deadlines, including some with short time frames. This professional must demonstrate strong leadership skills, including the ability to gain credibility with and influence both team members and management.
When you work at Homesite you can expect benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns at Homesite are eligible for the paid time off program. Contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise benefits.
Stay connected: Join Our Enterprise Talent Community !
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: