Oracle Application DBA
As a member of the MIS team, he/she will be responsible for the support and maintenance of all Oracle E-Business Suite environments and any Oracle ancillary systems. They will provide both application and database administration services to the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Oracle E-Business Suite
- The Senior Oracle E-Business DBA will be responsible for supporting the daily operations of a 24x7 Oracle Applications 12.1/12.2 environment.
- Responsible for the management of all assigned Oracle E-Business Suite, and stand alone ancillary Oracle RDBMS for operational stability and reliability. This may include: troubleshooting, recovery, cloning, patching applications and database, tuning of the database, software installation and upgrades, resolving database errors and failures, auditing activities, and resource utilization.
- Responsible for the creation, configuration, upgrade, backup, tuning, capacity planning & administration of multiple Oracle (12c/19c) databases.
- Responsible for the management of Oracle Critical Upgrades and patch management schedules in addition to overall patch management and distribution of capabilities to prevent new threats and minimized physical infrastructure impacts
- Develop and implement database monitoring systems (e.g. logging and performance) in support of all database systems as 24/7 operational entities.
- Support logs and alerts, access rights and roles, database instance version control, new IDs, roles, authorizations, audits, locked/unlocked status, revocation
- Plans, develops and implements disaster recovery plans and procedures for all assigned database resources.
- Performs recovery testing as required by the business requirements of the supported applications.
- Maintain and ensure all DR systems are in place and that policy is being adhered to.
- Responsible for providing backend support for the development, testing and acceptance environments for existing Oracle ERP and new projects relying on Oracle or SQL.
Oracle Environments Support
- Responsible for the support and administration of ancillary Oracle systems utilized in conjunction with the Oracle E-Business Suite including, OBIEE, Oracle SOA, Oracle Cloud Integration and Informatica PowerCenter.
- Supports Systems Development, Migration, and Integration efforts.
- Perform data cleansing services, verify data integrity, and implement access controls.
- Provides guidance to other technical staff in the appropriate configuration and use of database systems.
- Responsible for contribution and adherence to standards that ensure the integrity and security of the enterprise's data resources.
- Must act as a liaison to Oracle ERP and other internal applications and project teams.
- Responsible for documenting technical procedures and implementation plans.
QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE):
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in computer science, information systems, or business administration
- 3+ years of working experience on large scale Oracle EBS (12.2) setup
- 3+ years of working experience on Oracle Database (11i, 12C)
- Hands-on experience supporting Oracle database (11i and 12c) and Oracle EBS R12 deployments/upgrades on Linux platforms
- Experienced in troubleshooting Oracle Application configuration and infrastructure issues
- Exposure and hands-on Performance tuning of instance and application.
- Experience and hands-on shell scripting.
- Experience with Oracle WebLogic, RMAN Backups and Restore, OEM
- Good understanding of Architecture and infrastructure (servers).
- Experience with AD Utilities, cloning, forms and reports generation /compilation, IAS, Java, application server, apache, opatch, relinking,
- Should be a good team player with good communications skills.
- Should be ready for working over the weekends for scheduled maintenance activities
- Should have knowledge of ITSM / ITIL processes.
Iron Bow Technologies is a leading IT solution provider dedicated to successfully transforming technology investments into business capabilities for government, commercial and healthcare clients. Our depth of technical expertise, global reach and strategic partnerships with industry leaders as well as disruptive technology partners uniquely positions Iron Bow to target the right solution to ensure your successful business outcome. We partner with our clients from planning and implementation through ongoing maintenance and management to deliver solutions that are strong, flexible and on target.
Iron Bow Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: