Designs, develops and tests program units; works on new systems development and enhancement/maintenance of existing systems; participates in implementations of new systems or modifications to existing systems to meet Information Systems and client business requirements. Prepares and updates documentation as appropriate. Typically 8+ years of experience in the role. 3 years minimum experience required (3-5 recommended)
Please provide a description of how this role fits into the organization and your team
EDM developer focusing on a tool package provided by vendor IHS Markit. Responsibilities will include all aspects of software development and operational support of the EDM system that is used to support the Managed Investment department
What are the must haves for this role?
- Typically 8+ years of experience in the role. 3 years minimum experience required (3-5 recommended)
- A good understanding of data mastering, knowledge of ETL development and ability to prepare technical specifications
- Understanding of batch scheduling system usage and implementation concepts
- Proficiency in SQL and the use of SQL Server, including SQL performance optimization techniques. Will be working on Markit EDM tool using SQL Server.
- Ability to resolve defects associated with testing activities
- Ability to communicate issues, status, and progress on assigned tasks to direct management and to a team lead
- Work closely with analysts to gather business requirements, develop and deliver highly scalable and numerate financial applications
- Quickly understand system architecture and become involved in design and development, taking ownership of assigned projects and drive to completion.
- Experience with development, support and release of database driven software.
- Ability to critically review, debug and diagnose existing application codebase across all application tiers.
- Familiarity with Agile development process.
- Familiarity with Institutional Investment & Financial domain
What are the nice to haves for this role?
- Two or more years of experience developing within Markit EDM or Markit EDM certification
- Understanding of Markit EDM and Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) development concepts
- Experience creating user interfaces and error validation routines in Markit EDM
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $1.00 - $2.00 per year
- Can you work on W2/1099??
- Markit EDM: 1 year (Preferred)
- SQL: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
- Remote interview process
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: