Who we are:
Glofox is on a mission to build a healthier world. We are a venture backed product led SaaS company that is in hyper growth. Along with our ever-growing client base that spans over 60 countries, our team is dedicated to powering the fitness industry with digital solutions.
We are one team at Glofox consisting of honest, moral & ethical individuals who are heard and valued! We hold ourselves accountable, delivering on expectations & celebrating each other for the great work we do!
We strive to be innovative thinkers and doers, always innovating with our customers in mind, our backbone, ensuring they can succeed & receive top class support!
At Glofox, we love entrepreneurs because we are entrepreneurs. We know how much determination it takes to start your own business and grow it into something that lasts. We roll our sleeves up, we act fast, and we learn together. We're looking for people that will do the same.
Your role as SRE in Glofox:
- You will work with your team to architect, implement and maintain the Glofox cloud infrastructure in AWS
- You will be responsible for the availability, reliability and scalability of the Glofox platform
- You will help teams define and monitor Service Level Objectives, instrument their code and understand the reality of the software they deploy in production environments (through observability and operability)
- You will enable the product engineering teams to release changes to customers quickly, reliably and sustainably through automated deployment pipelines.
- You will work with teams to optimise their architectural approaches for scalability and help them with load testing and performance profiling
- You will be an advocate for infrastructure and application security.
- You will respond to production incidents in a balanced and compensated rotation with other SREs and Senior Engineers.
- You will lead a culture of learning and continuous improvement through incident postportems and retrospectives.
If you want to know more about our ways of working in SRE at Glofox, check out this article from Pierre, our Head of SRE, on how we get big results as a small SRE team: (https://techbeacon.com/enterprise-it/how-get-big-results-small-sre-team)
Our tech stack:
- Infrastructure running 100% in AWS
- Service oriented architecture deployed on ECS Fargate & Lambda
- Databases: MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redshift
- Infrastructure automation with Terraform
- Languages: Go, PHP, NodeJS, Java
- Observability & Monitoring: Honeycomb, NewRelic, CloudWatch, Grafana
- Code and CI/CD pipelines with GitHub, CircleCI and Jenkins
You may be a good fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years in a similar role in Ops, SRE or Production Engineer
- Extensive experience with building and operating infrastructure in AWS at scale
- Strong practical experience with Terraform and automated provisioning
- Database administration knowledge with MongoDB, MySQL or Postgres
- A passion for consistency, repeatability and scalability
- A never ending curiosity for understanding the reality of production environments
And we’d be super impressed if you have any of the following:
- Previous experience as a Software developer
- Data warehouse and data pipeline knowledge (Redshift, Spark, Hadoop…)
- Experience with InfoSec and/or Penetration testing
What you'll get:
- The chance to work at a hyper-growth venture-backed start-up in an exciting industry remotely
- The opportunity to feel true purpose in your efforts by powering fitness entrepreneurs, making them successful and enabling them to improve the health of people on a global stage
- Competitive compensation with share options
- Laptop and equipment for remote working set up
- Any support you need to level up your skills - conferences, books, screencasts
- We are a diverse bunch of people and we want to continue to attract and retain a diverse range of people into our organisation. We're committed to an inclusive and diverse Glofox! We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: