Title: Database Engineer (ETL / AWS / SaaS)
Duration: FTE / Permanent
Our client is currently seeking a Database Engineer to help in the implementation of in "big data" systems which require queries returning within sub-second response times. You will be a part of a distributed team but must be based and authorized to work within the United States.
- Strong SQL + scripting language skills
- Experience in SaaS development environments
- Experience performance tuning large-scale databases
- Implement and support systems that reliably and efficiently provide interactive query performance on large amounts of multi-modal data.
- Improve systems that handle scale.
- Troubleshoot and improve the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data technologies.
- Collect, parse, analyze, and visualize large sets of data and turn data into insights.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing the product.
- 3- 5 years of experience.
- Experience with large-scale data and query optimization techniques.
- Experience with ETL to data warehouse systems.
- Experience with AWS cloud services (EC2, RDS, Redshift, Aurora Postgres).
- Proficient in SQL.
- Understanding of NoSQL and RDBMS.
- Knowledge in multiple scripting languages such as Python.
- Knowledge of cloud, distributed systems, and stream-processing systems.
- Passionate about learning new technologies and solving hard problems in a fast-paced environment.
The Ideal Fit...
- Has a Computer Science degree.
- Has 2+ years of experience in SaaS development environments.
- Thrives on new challenges.
- Enjoys learning from teammates and isn't afraid to teach others at the same time.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: