The Data Warehouse Engineer is responsible for leading migrations from other data platforms to the Microsoft Data platform. The focus is leveraging large database tables to understand the data structures, definitions and patterns which will be used to support various predictive models. The ideal candidate will create SQL Server packages and stored procedures that will consume and create data in Azure SQL databases. These packages and stored procedures will be called by Azure Data Factory. There may also be some work required to create or support packages on local servers as well. The Data Warehouse Architect will be creating data pipelines that support data vaults and data marts, and will be expected to code processes according to our standards.
- Gather user requirements for Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) subject areas
- Review dashboards that support the key performance indicators for the subject areas
- Organize user requirements into agile User Stories that will drive the EDW
- Create Jira Stories to build and populate the designs using templates
- Data source and target information
- Acceptance/testing criteria
- Create and execute test plans for the EDW subject areas
- Create and demo prototype Power BI reports and dashboards as necessary to demonstrate functionality and gain user approval
- Assist with Power BI overflow work; create Power BI reports and dashboards as requested
- Maintain metadata aimed at easy report building for end users
- Embed security in the metadata where appropriate
- Create robust subject area groupings for BI team and Analysts
- Design table structures
- Present designs to the team at design review meeting
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively across practices
- Ability to address and solve basic problems within the area of your technical expertise with support
- Ability to successfully execute assigned tasks on basic projects
- Ability to travel up to 40% (once travel is permitted and deemed completely safe)
Planet Technologies is the leading provider of Microsoft Consulting Services to public sector and commercial organizations. Our team of Microsoft experts provides support for MS Exchange, Office 365, MS Dynamics CRM, SharePoint, and System Center. Planet has significant experience in deploying business intelligence, cloud services, unified communications, and systems management with an emphasis building, deploying, and managing custom solutions that transform the business operations of federal government agencies.
Planet Technologies does not discriminate in employment opportunities, terms and conditions of employment, or practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender, religious or political beliefs, national origin or heritage, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law. Federal Agency Clearance Requirements may require up to a 10 year background investigation - US Citizenship (clearable) is required.
Join our highly talented team of Microsoft Certified Masters and MVP’s – Visit www.go-planet.com to learn more!
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting