Oregon Mutual Insurance’s IT department has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Configuration Analyst!
A Configuration Analyst is responsible for analyzing and implementing the business needs of project stakeholders in a variety of configuration- based systems and services. The Configuration Analyst will configure, coordinate the build, test, release the configuration items and ensure that company standards and end-user requirements are met. The Configuration Analyst must communicate proactively and effectively with team members, project managers, software developers, user personnel, and management on requirements and issues. Telecommuting opportunity for the right candidate.
About the Job
- Model business requirements into a configuration-based system.
- Work with Business Analysts, product owners, stakeholders, and other subject matter experts to discover, understand and describe business rules/requirements.
- Coordinate the build, testing, and release of configuration items.
- Create automation scripts and SQL queries as needed.
- Read and analyze XML files from various sources.
- Assist in conducting research on software and hardware products to meet agreed-upon requirements and to support purchasing efforts.
- Participate in the QA of solutions to ensure features and functions have been enabled and optimized.
- Work with Business Analysts to verify requirements for completeness and feasibility.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner.
- Where applicable, develop prototypes of interfaces and attributes based on the user requirements.
- Solve a range of escalated issues; analyzes and creates solutions.
- Provide support in developing, testing and implementing patch releases and system upgrades.
- Work with team to develop and maintain configuration policies and procedures.
- Develop and manage configuration analyst training materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus 3 to 5 years of professional experience or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the required skills.
- Previous experience as a configuration analyst, application developer, technical business analyst, technical quality assurance analyst, or similar role.
Experience configuring business rules in a software platform, including but not limited to:
- Business-specific software platforms
- Atlassian Cloud
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Site 24x7
- Experience working in the software development lifecycle, including a basic working knowledge of requirement analysis, build, test, release and change management functions.
- Ability to create basic automation scripts (Powershell, etc.), SQL queries, and read XML.
- Experience working with product owners, stakeholders, and other subject matter experts to discover and describe business rules.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working on an agile or DevOps team.
- Experience working directly with product owners and subject matter experts.
- Collaborative and respectful of all ideas.
If you know about the following it’s a plus
- Prior experience in insurance industry, especially property and casualty insurance.
- Experience with Sapiens PolicyPro/Adaptik Policy configuration.
- Experience with Vertafore ImageRight configuration.
- Experience developing XSL transformations for complex XML documents.
- Experience with configuration and asset management
We are looking for applicants with career goals who want to grow and assume roles of greater responsibility within the company.
Oregon Mutual offers a pleasant working environment and a history of business spanning more than 100 years.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: