Overview of Position
We are a software startup that is looking to add a team member to our expanding operations team in a high growth, fast-paced environment. We sell hardware and software solutions to the real estate industry focused on Multi-Family, Student Housing, and Commercial Office Space.
Working as part of the Technical Management Team, the Associate Technical Manager will assist the lead Technical Manager in the coordination of field operations tasks, ensure escalation processes are followed, and provide additional administrative support to the team as needed. As competency increases over time, this role can begin to take on additional responsibilities such as data visualization/business intelligence and subject matter expertise to stakeholders in other teams.
Attention to detail, organizational skills, consistent ability to document interactions, and willingness to learn new competencies is a must. Effective communication via phone/email is also critical to the success of this position. Finally, the candidate must learn to effectively evaluate the nature of any problem that arises in order to determine the correct course of action and which internal team member needs to be consulted in order to find a solution.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist the team in day-to-day execution of tasks by specialists and managers
- Act as dispatcher for field operations
- Coordinate field operations logistics for both external and internal needs
- Assist in maintaining consistent documentation of critical data regarding the installation of ButterflyMX products at properties
- Ensure data integrity and completeness of all needed records
- Work with field operations to support success on product installation related issues
- Help with contributing and updating the internal knowledge base as needed
- Assist in the development and updating of internal SOPs and installation documentation
- Cross-functional linking up with product and support teams to resolve issues
- Knowledge of both software and hardware features will be required
- Learn every aspect of our products to assist all other teams as needed as a subject matter expert
- Learn the basics of low voltage electrical work, such as how electric door strikes function, and how building access control is administered.
- Assistance in special projects as needed
- Occasional travel outside of office region will eventually be required
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree or Associate degree and 5+ of experience required
- 2+ years of direct technical operations/project management experience
- Strong communication (both written and verbal), organization and presentation skills
- Ability to work remote, in the office, or on site
- Capable of translating technical language to non-technical stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience building strong internal and external relationships
- Quick learner with an intuitive mindset and excellent problem-solving skills with a relentless commitment to problem solving
- Analytical capabilities needed to understand stakeholder needs
- Highly motivated self-starter who works effectively in a team-based environment as well as independently
- Desire and flexibility to learn and grow in a fast paced and growing environment
- Valid driver license
- Spanish, and/or Croatian, and/or Chinese (Cantonese/Mandarin) fluency, any other languages a plus
- Salesforce, SQL, and other business database software
- Jira/Confluence, Kanban, and/or Agile PM methods
- Background in low voltage, AV, alarms, and other such fields, break/fix technical management a plus
ButterflyMX offers comprehensive medical, vision, dental, disability and life insurance, pre-tax commuter benefits, PTO, work life balance, growth potential and a challenging and exciting work environment.
ButterflyMX is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You must have authorization to work in the US.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: