Location: Columbus, OH and Remote
We're constantly developing new and creative ways to solve the industry’s most complex problems. Our enterprise software solutions run the gamut of Information Technology Services, from payment processing, to prepaid wireless activations, to mobile & web app development. For the past 10+ years our originality attracts the most outstanding and innovative thinkers, allowing us to develop new and creative approaches while growing as the industry leader. Are you a passionate professional, ready to make changes in the tech world? Join our team today!
Check Us Out: WWW.TCETRA.com
T-CETRA’s Data Team is at the forefront of making data a competitive advantage. The focus of this team is to enable more effective business decision making through the usage of robust data solutions.
What you will be doing:
In this role, the candidate will work alongside other Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse developers to: assist in maintaining daily business activities, design complex business facing datasets & multi-dimensional reports, work within the context of an enterprise data warehouse to develop a multitude of different data related objects, and enforce database best practices & standards.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor's degree or work experience equivalent in Computer Science or related subjects
- Authorization to work in the US.
1 - 2 years’ experience of SQL Developer within the Microsoft SQL Server environment
- Solid knowledge on constructing queries, database objects, and custom reports
- Exposure to developing and supporting SSIS is a plus
- Database structures such as stored procedures, SQL Server Agent job composition, and functions
- Data manipulation techniques such as ranking, substring, and variable passing
- Database standards such as, object definition and naming, T-SQL best practices, etc.
- SQL Server resource evaluation and optimization techniques
- Data warehouse design (Kimball and/or Inmon), OLAP and OLTP systems is a plus
- Strong analytical and communication skills required, including understanding of how to interpret Business Partner needs and translate them into database related operational requirements.
- Ability to triage and prioritize projects and ad-hoc requests
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide day to day production support of in-house applications from a MS SQL perspective
- Develop database objects such as T-SQL scripts, tables, views, common table expressions, dynamic SQL, foreign key constraints, and stored procedures
- Maintain and optimize existing database objects listed above
- Work with Business Partners to determine needs, document requirements, and create data driven solutions
- Proactively address technical production issues
- Design and create user interactive reports in SSRS, CRM, and Tableau
- Document software support activities thoroughly, accurately, and in a timely manner
- Comply with company’s IT Policies & Procedures
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
T-CETRA provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within T-CETRA. To create a safe and positive environment for employees, all applicants must perform a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: