- Maintenance of existing IBM's ITM Netcool suite of products, including implementation and adapting new product releases
- Evolving event management solutions in accordance with Corporate Strategy (integrations, extensions)
- Support of IT Service Management processes as implemented by CVS Health, focus on Event Management
- Work within team environment sharing findings and work assignments
The candidate should exhibit the following competencies:
Be able to work in a rapid paced environment and must be able to work independently.
MUST BE ABLE TO CONVERT WITHOUT SPONSORSHIP
- 5+ years’ experience in software engineering for infrastructure disciplines (e.g. operations, server, storage, networks) - Required
- 5+ years’ experience with IBM's ITM Netcool suite of products including ITM, ITCAM, TIP, and DASH - Required
- ITIL Certification
- Linux Experience
Day to day will be primarily configuring, deploying, troubleshooting, extracting/reporting for all base monitoring applications
Title: Tivoli Monitoring Engineer
Location: Remote – preference would be someone who is local/can relocate to RI
Team/Role: Enterprise Monitoring Tools. The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for hands on development as well as providing operational support for the platform to ensure high availability. The candidate should have experience with administering and maintaining an enterprise deployment of IBM's ITM Netcool suite of products including ITM, ITCAM, TIP, and DASH and integration to enterprise alerting tool. The selected candidate will be expected to work in a team environment developing and maintaining a multi-tiered ITM solution with an as needed support shift schedule.
Team Size: 2 contractors, 15 FTE’s
Duration: 3-6 month contract to hire
Interview Process: video WebEx X2
- Be responsible for the maintenance and configuration of the enterprise level IT monitoring system, IBM's ITM Netcool suite of products including ITM, ITCAM, TIP, and DASH and integration to enterprise alerting tool.
- Be involved in the design and implementation of IBM enterprise Monitoring solutions.
- Duties include setting up administrator and service accounts, tuning system performance, installing system wide software
- Troubleshoot and resolve moderate to complex system/application issues.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Fundamental understanding of other monitoring tools like MicroFocus, AppD, and Dynatrace.
- On-call rotation for critical support.
- Design experience for infrastructure software products
- Windows and Linux OS experience
- Experience with SQL statements, DB2 background preferred
- Experience with ServiceNow IT Service Management and ITOM module.
- Work with process owners and business analysts to understand the challenges that face Data Center Operations with their handling of Network and Application events that are derived from monitoring.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: