Palo Alto Veterans Institute for Research (PAVIR) is looking to hire a part-time Clinical Research Data Analyst to support a busy research program by working both independently and as part of a team on clinical data analysis. The research projects focus on understanding epidemiology and outcomes in patients with chronic liver diseases, with a focus on understanding healthcare disparities.
ABOUT THE DATA ANALYST ROLE
The Data Analyst will work closely with the Principal Investigator, Dr. Robert Wong Clinical Associate Professor at the Gastroenterology and Hepatology Department at Stanford University.
We are looking for someone with expertise in SQL, as well as experience designing and performing statistical analyses for health outcomes and/or health services research.
This is a remote part-time position, offering 20 hours a week, competitive hourly compensation, sick pay, 401(k) with a fully vested 6% company match and 3% profit share, wellness program, commuter benefits, and professional development training. Office space is available at the VA Hospital in Palo Alto, if the Data Analysts needs to or prefers to work at the office.
ABOUT PALO ALTO VETERANS INSTITUTE FOR RESEARCH (PAVIR)
PAVIR facilitates research and education activities conducted at the VA Palo Alto Health Care System. At PAVIR we work with more than 160 uniquely talented medical scientists. Our researchers have an active appointment with the VA Palo Alto Health Care System and most are affiliated or have an academic appointment with Stanford University. We recruit and retain talented employees who believe in making a difference in the lives of others through innovative health research.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES OF A CLINICAL RESEARCH DATA ANALYST
- Work with large datasets, including VA corporate data warehouse.
- Create data cohort, data curation, acquisition, and data cleaning.
- Perform statistical analyses of large datasets (including VA electronic health records) for health outcomes and health services research questions.
- Identify, validate, and resolve database and analysis issues.
- Propose and perform appropriate statistical analysis methods to answer clinical and research questions.
- Create tables and figures for scientific abstracts.
- Assist with posters, presentations, and manuscripts.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A CLINICAL RESEARCH DATA ANALYST
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 1 year or more of related data analysis experience.
- At least basic college-level statistics coursework.
- Ability to use one or more statistical packages: SQL, SAS, R, STATA, and SPSS.
- Master's degree.
- 2 or more years of related data analysis experience.
- Prior experience with statistical analysis of VA data.
- Prior experience working with other non-VA large datasets.
- Prior experience designing and performing statistical analyses for health outcomes and/or health services research.
- Expertise in PubMed research, data management and analysis, a bibliography or reference program (e.g., Endnote, Mendeley).
- Experience with research protocols, regulatory requirements of governing bodies, HIPAA and FDA compliance is strongly preferred.
- Work well both independently and in a collaboration with a team.
- Ability to communicate data requirements, as well as limitations, to team members.
- Proficiency with MS Office and database applications.
- Capability to produce reference documents and to outline work processes in writing.
- Exceptional scientific writing skills.
READY TO JOIN OUR RESEARCH TEAM? Fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
PAVIR is a nonprofit foundation affiliated with the Veterans Affairs Palo Alto Health Care System (VAPAHCS). As a condition of employment, all PAVIR employees are required to have an approved appointment with VAPAHCS and complete a background check before they can commence work.
PAVIR is pleased to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Individuals with a Disability are encouraged to apply. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, please contact email@example.com - Human Resources department.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: