The Software Developer writes code to create software programs, turning the program designs created by Project Analysts into instructions that a computer can follow. Software Developers debug the programs to ensure that they produce the expected results. If a program does not work correctly, they check the code for mistakes and fix them.. Requirements:
- Transforms software designs and specifications into high functioning code in the appropriate computer language (VBA, C#, VB.net, and SQL)
- Integrates individual software solutions to higher level systems, including but not limited to Progress and MySQL, using ODBC
- Tracks and fixes errors in code through rigorous testing, debugging, troubleshooting and documentation
- Performs upgrades to expand, increase efficiency, improve security, and integrate software into existing systems.
- Monitors efficiency and correctness of existing and new programs
- Updates job knowledge by studying development tools, programming techniques, participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience.
Developing applications using at least one popular framework (C#, C++, VB)
- SQL certification preferred
- Ability to keyboard 45 words per minute
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel
- Visual Studio
- SQL, C#, VB.Net, VBA, XML, Json
- Object Oriented Programming Concepts
- Understanding of relational databases (MSSQL, MySQL)
Disclaimer: This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described. The full job description is available upon request and will be provided early in the hiring process.
Americollect - Believe in More. Believe in Teamwork and Collaboration. Believe in growth and developing the future you. Believe in friendships and family. Believe in celebrating and having fun. Believe in Community involvement and helping others. At Americollect, it's more than just a job- it's doing something you believe in.
Americollect provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: