ScyllaDB Field Engineers are an advanced team who respond to escalation in the three stages of customer engagement: before engagement happens by generating marketing and sales collateral like benchmarks and educational articles and content; in the pre-sales process by ensuring that proof-of-concepts are successful; and in the post-sales process handling challenging customer issues when escalation is required.
It's a unique and exciting mixture between technical evangelist, DevOps and SRE, for a unique company that is redefining what performance looks like in the NoSQL arena.
Why ScyllaDB is a fantastic place to work and build your career
- Be a part of the company that’s building the Database Monster – a next-generation NoSQL database focused on innovation and lightning performance.
- Enjoy a fun, inspiring culture that is engineering
- Work with exceptionally talented people around the globe
- Learn, contribute, and make an impact on the product and community
- A truly remote-friendly work culture
The ideal candidates will have strong technical experience in one (or more) of the following areas:
- Operations – Systems Administration, DevOps, Network Administration in a Linux based environment:
- We prefer experience administering large-scale production environments, including hardware, operating systems (specifically Linux), networks (including firewalls, switches and load balancers), as well as cloud-based resources (e.g. AWS, Azure, OpenStack, GCP). Experience with containerized solutions (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, swarm) is also a plus.
- Database Administration – SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Oracle, MS-SQL) and NoSQL We prefer experience in one or more of: Java, Python, C, C++, Go, Scala.(Scylla, Cassandra, MongoDB etc) are a plus
- We prefer experience in one or more of: Java, Python, C, C++, Go, Scala.
- Extra bonus points if you’ve used those skills with distributed systems or have done technical support of enterprise platform technologies (e.g. databases) or enterprise infrastructure (e.g. public/private cloud, virtualized DCs or container clusters).
It’s crucial for every candidate that they can check off all of these boxes:
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Genuine desire to help people
- Uncontrollable urge to investigate and solve problems, with advanced diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to think on your feet, remain calm under pressure, and solve problems in real-time
- Desire and ability to rapidly learn a wide variety of new technical skills
- Strong teamwork: willingness and ability to get help from team members when required, and the good judgment to know when to seek help
Location: Earth. Candidates in the International Space Station will not be considered at this time due to concerns with link latency.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: