Do you have a desire for creating solutions through team brainstorming and collaboration? Is working remotely important in your life? Are you self motivated? Do you have strong communication skills? If these things resonate with you, then you could be a great fit for our growing team!
As a Senior Database Administrator at Emerlyn Technology, you will be responsible for maintaining our existing on-premises database systems as well as designing and maintaining new database systems as part of our transformation to the cloud.
We are re-engineering our current on-premises applications (currently using SQL Server & PostgreSQL) and moving to AWS using new data platform technologies as appropriate (i.e. PostgreSQL, RDS, Elasticsearch, Kafka, etc).
The right candidate will have a background working with relational and non-relational database systems. Experience with, or a desire to learn, messaging or event streaming systems (ActiveMQ, Kafka) would also be beneficial.
All new infrastructure is being built using infrastructure as code tools & processes. Familiarity with tools like Terraform, Salt and Bash would be very beneficial.
Some of the tools and technologies we currently use are listed below. Even if you don’t have experience in these tools, please apply anyway. We are looking for diverse experiences and know you will have no problem learning our toolset.
- Microsoft SQL Server
- VMware vSphere
- Collaborate with software engineers to select & design database solutions to meet application requirements
- Install and maintain existing and new database systems
- Monitor database systems to ensure reliability & availability
- Maintain and improve disaster recovery processes
- Research and implement database query and other performance optimizations
- Write and maintain scripts to automate administrative tasks
- On call rotations are a required part of our DevOps philosophy
- Minimum of 5 years of database administration experience.
Nice to have
- Experience with messaging or event streaming systems (ActiveMQ, Kafka).
- A working knowledge of the healthcare and/or pharmacy industry.
- Familiarity of purchasing and inventory management systems.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: