Responsible for collecting, maintaining, managing, interpreting and analyzing the data received from internal data and external data sources. Responsible for conducting a verification/accuracy process of such data for problem(s) and developing solutions to resolve problem(s) and use this information to see the impact on the business profits and operations.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
Experience: A minimum of five years of experience in card, network and/or Payment's processing. Experience with analytical, report and dashboard creation using Kibana and ElasticSearch. Experience developing ETL solutions for Payments Systems BI and Data Processing environments. Experience with database technologies such as mySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Linux etc. Experience with relational and non-relational data base platforms. HPCC/ECL knowledge preferred. Five or more years of experience with Data Mapping/Conversion. Experience/Certification in big data technologies.
- Works with internal stakeholders to create, maintain and distribute performance dashboards for various company KPI's.
- Performs ad hoc analysis to find solutions to business inquiries by leveraging reporting toolsets. Prepares reporting and analyses as needed.
- Develops an understanding of all data contained in multiple databases and source systems.
- Monitors data source systems to ensure all updates are operating as intended; troubleshoots when needed by identifying flaws and errors in the data and any upstream data issues.
- Translates business requirements into technical requirements for enhancements and new custom reports.
- Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation.
- Ensures system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Recommends revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
- Works with card processors to thoroughly understand their daily reporting file specifications.
- Owns the Sutton Payments data file specification requirements; reviews, updates and ensures Partner's reporting is up to par.
- Maps all new Partner file specifications to the Sutton generalized specification ensuring data integrity.
- Monitors, reviews and corrects Partner file unmapped fields.
- Works with Partners on new reporting initiatives.
- Manages warehousing and routine updating of data file specifications for all Partners.
- Communicates findings and results to leadership and project partners as required.
- Assists Business Analysts with requests from interdepartmental reporting/data requests.
- Assists Project Managers and Business Analysts in gathering data for requirements.
- Thoroughly understands the processes provided on the Sutton Data Lake.
- Identifies as the SME for the internal data system and the resources and tools it provides.
- Trains Sutton staff on data system and its tools.
- Assists in reconciliation efforts as it relates to data.
- Assists in test environment data requirements setup and maintenance, testing and validation.
- Investigates ACH inquiries and issues from Partners. Provides corrections/updates.
- Investigates BAI2 issues reported from Partners and works with Business Analysts for remediation.
- The ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both in verbal and written communications.
- Strong knowledge of the Payments Industry and/or card processing.
- A demonstrated understanding of the financial services industry.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have ability to analyze and solve complex problems, develop automated systems.
- Self-directed and motivated.
- Proven ability to support multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to articulate technical concepts both written and oral.
- Ability to read, analyze and comprehend general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, audit reports, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from employees, vendors and management staff.
- Ability to effectively present information to individuals one-on-one or a small group setting.
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies.
- Ability to work with SQL to develop IDE's.
- Ability to work with database technologies like mySQL, Oracle, SQL Server.
- Ability to manipulate data for meaningful reporting.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively, both independently and in team settings, to include close collaboration with Processors.
Sutton Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: