Every year, billions of dollars are set aside by your local, state, and federal representatives to make it easier for anybody to build a small business and turn their dream into reality.
But while governments might be great at governing, they’re terrible at marketing. These billions sit unclaimed, waiting for founders to discover them. We want to fix that, and we need your help.
MainStreet is looking for a Director of Credit to implement, monitor and refine a robust credit risk management framework. As one of our first credit hires, you’ll have a tremendous opportunity to shape a core aspect of our product, scale our business and instill analytically grounded, data-driven practices across our organization. You’ll report directly to our Chief Capital Officer.
What you'll do
- Partner with our marketing, operations and product teams to implement a thorough and rigorous credit policy underpinning our cash advance product
- Design and execute a detailed evolving agenda to improve credit performance, optimize product terms and grow MainStreet’s core business
- Implement a systematic, end-to-end analytic infrastructure to track customer acquisitions, onboarding and performance consistently across the organizationInform company leadership on the health of our advance portfolio and make data-driven recommendations for improving underwriting criteria, credit policies and product terms
- Work closely with our Capital Markets team to support future funding needs
- Build a credit analysis team from the ground up as our business scales
What we're looking for
- 7+ years of success in analytically intensive roles managing lending risk
- Robust problem-solving and analytical skills, with a genuine curiosity for seeking insight in data
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to cohesively manage business operations and deliver value
- Prior credit experience with small-to-medium businesses preferred (but not required)
- Ability to pull, process and interpret vast amounts of data in a self-sufficient manner (proficiency in SQL and either R or Python preferred)
- Ability to distill complex data and scenarios into coherent recommendations and policies for cross-functional teams and company leadership
- A willingness to learn on the job and take on tasks as needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and communicate over the phone and with video chat software, such as Zoom
What we do
We make these tax credits easy as butter. MainStreet pairs companies & employees with hundreds of local, state, and federal tax programs. Then we do all the paperwork to get companies what they’re owed in minutes, vs the dozens of hours it would otherwise take.
The average company gets $51,040… in the first year. In cash.
We just announced our $60M Series A, led by SignalFire. We’re backed by an incredible community of partners, operators, and founders, including Ryan Hoover (Product Hunt founder), Ashton Kutcher’s Sound Ventures, Des Traynor (Intercom cofounder), Gradient (a Google Venture Fund), Ron Conway’s fund SV Angel, and Tusk Ventures.
How we think about diversity
We try to make sure the diversity of our customers is reflected in the team that serves them. Because when we include people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and identities — we end up building a better experience for everyone who uses MainStreet.
We know we need to be intentional in our hiring practices in order to overcome systemic biases we may be blind to. So, if your lived experience has given you a unique perspective on business, startups, or any other aspect of our business – even if you don’t meet all the requirements – please still apply and let us know so we can make sure your application gets the attention it deserves.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting