It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. We bring our whole selves to work and we’re driven to make a difference every day, from the work we do in our roles to the charitable endeavors we support. We believe in starting by listening, communicating with candor, fostering inclusion and owning the opportunity. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. Whether we’re wearing scrubs, jeans or our finest work-from-home chic, we have fun, work hard and make time to help others.
Are we growing? Absolutely. We have seen about 30% average growth over the last three years. Are we recognized? Definitely. We were named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and are proud to be recognized as a leader in driving diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) efforts. Evolent achieved a 100% score on the 2020 Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index, making us one of the best places to work for LGBTQ+ employees. We were also named on the Best Companies for Women to Advance List 2020 by Parity.org and we publish an annual Diversity Report to share our progress on how we’re building an equitable workplace and performing on various metrics. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Who You’ll Be Working With:
Evolent Health is looking for modern testers at different levels in implementing the healthcare platform of the future. In your role, you will work with the Evolent Health Services Engineering group to develop and maintain bleeding edge designs for integrated web applications and Big Data processing of healthcare data.
We are looking for modern testers and engineers with “the right stuff”, from associate level to senior level and above. Successful candidates will be self-driven, curious, and ready to challenge their peers. A strong background in computer science and related math is considered a positive.
What will make you an ideal modern tester?
Ability to define heuristic testing techniques for the Evolent products and interconnected sub-systems to reduce risk and increase the confidence of clients and stake holders. Enact quality as a habit to form, not a task to perform.
Tactical shrewdness to identify and introduce smart techniques to work closely with developers and find issues early in the process. Relentlessly improve testing activities and automate as and when the opportunity and return on automation is beneficial.
An eye for seeing past the obvious and mundane to evolve and improve the business. Practice and preach the concept of “Discovering the unexpected is more important than confirming the known.”
Investigate the product and system as a basic user, power user, competitor (find missing functionalities/features) and product crasher/rogue (break the product). “Less testing is a sin and more testing is a crime.” Optimize the approach by creating fewer test cases with more product coverage and diminish defect leakage over time.
Use the mantra “all code is guilty until proven innocent” to motivate Test Driven Development (TDD), lean thinking and good programming practices. Use different problem-solving techniques (e.g. 5 Whys, Ishikawa diagram etc.) to conduct root cause analysis of systemic issues and identify, prioritize and mitigate system bottlenecks, with the end goal of overall system optimization.
Understand the importance of solving the business problem to accelerate the product delivery with approaches like test automation, continuous integration, delivery and deployment.
Aptitude and attitude of thinking “Quality is not a separate phase, it’s a culture”. Be ready and willing to educate team members on quality standards and help them to apply quality gates right from requirements to delivery of the intended solution.
Challenge status-quo, be a leader of change, and come up with new approaches and methodologies to propose to the team, implement and get their constructive feedback. Communicate in a receptive manner, refine based on feedback
Things You Could Be Doing:
- Build Next Generation Healthcare data processing – Evolent is committed to breaking the mold by developing a solution to acquire, parse, and integrate healthcare data faster than anything on the market today. Achieving this goal means not only innovating, but literally inventing new technologies to solve previously unsolvable issues. Your opinions, inventiveness, and cleverness will contribute to the success of this project.
- Engineer workflows using cutting edge functional techniques – You will be part of a team that develops interactive analytic solutions against healthcare data. You will learn functional techniques that enable our systems to ingest data, generate insights and distribute meaningful insights.
- Engineer solutions for Test Data Management – You will be part of a team that process large amount of data to perform analytics that drive critical business decisions. You will analyze these processes, identify and prioritize data scenarios and set up a Test Data Management system to cater to the needs of SDLC.
- Interact with both SQL Server and Hadoop Big Data systems – You will engineer solutions to consume health care data that will be processed and stored in Hadoop Big Data systems as well as legacy SQL Server systems.
- Supercharge company operations – At Evolent we feel that empowering our operations group is critical to the success the software and solutions we produce. You will analyze operational bottlenecks and produce solutions to ensure that our platform stays easy to use with clear information radiators. Our philosophy is that solutions are only complete when they can be effectively operated.
- Deliver work in Agile process – You will work in Agile processes for your day to day work. You will work closely with other engineers to deliver critical business enhancements on a bi-weekly cadence. You will be expected to participate in hackathon and innovation opportunities on a quarterly basis.
- Code review fellow team members according to corporate standards – Part of your responsibilities will be to collaborate with your fellow engineers to ensure quality and performance of the enhancements. Your opinion will be critical to the success of your colleagues – just as much as their opinions will be critical to your success!
- Follow Continuous Delivery processes for software development and deployment – You will be expected to maintain exceptionally high quality of code check-ins with enhancements being shipped to production environments on a regular basis. It will be your responsibility to ensure that automated controls for validating software quality are kept up to date and functioning.
The Experience You Need (Required 2+ years):
- Relational Database Technology (SQL Server or Oracle)
- In Depth Knowledge of ETL principles & Data Analytics (Star schema, Snowflake Schema, Indexing, OLAP, performance tuning)
- Capable to validate, debug and analyze complex Datawarehouse/ ETL processes
- Capable to write, debug and analyze complex SQL statements & stored procedures
- Good understanding of and setting up of Test Data Management technology landscape, processes and design principles
- Ability to setup data scenarios to validate data & visualizations in BI Reports
- Test Case Management (TestRail, Azure Test Plans)
- Agile development (Scrum, XP, Lean)
- Agile tool experience (Azure DevOps, Jira, Rally, VersionOne)
- Strong communication skills
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations
- Medical Claims Domain Knowledge
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Reporting Tools (Microstrategy, Power BI)
- Prior Test Automation experience (ETL/ Reports/ Web)
- DVCS (Git or Mercurial)
- Continuous Integration & Delivery Systems (Azure Pipelines, Jenkins, Visual Studio DB Projects)
- Java / Java EE Technologies (Related to Big Data)
- NoSQL technologies (Hadoop, Cassandra, MongoDB)
Currently, Evolent employees work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. As such, we require that all employees have the following technical capability at their home: High speed internet over 10 MBPS and, specifically for all call center employees, the ability to plug in directly to the home internet router. These at-home technical requirements are subject to change with any scheduled re-opening of our office locations.
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: