This full time opportunity is for the professional that has a minimum of 4+ years (current) as a PostgreSQL DBA. Experienced PostgreSQL DBA able to perform project based consulting assignments, health checks, tuning, assessments, troubleshooting, and migrations, also on call support, services, and troubleshooting for our managed service level clients. Ability to migrate database environments from on prem to cloud based solutions like AWS and Azure.
This position is for the team member that enjoys multitasking and who is looking for diversity and challenge in his/her job duties; who doesn't want to do the same thing day in and day out, week after week. XTIVIA has one of the largest Remote DBA Practices in the US with hundreds of clients located mostly in the USA. This position is for that individual that enjoys and thrives on a fast paced job that requires live interaction with numerous clients across many industries, different environments, and new challenges every day.
Opportunity is a remote opportunity - though you must still reside within the USA. Candidates must be able to pass a 10-year background check. This is a full time salaried position.
Please note: Due to federal security clearance requirements, applicants must be a United States Citizen.
XTIVIA allows for flexible start time in the morning, You can grow your knowledge base and DBA skills with the opportunity to learn new PostgreSQL technologies. XTIVIA will reimburse you for the test cost of approved DBA Certifications as you grow your career and certifications. On down time, you are given the opportunities to further your education. Work with a flexible schedule that you work out with your teammates and client requests.
In addition to your base pay, there are two bonuses; one paid annually for how the Virtual DBA Practice performed and another - accumulated and paid quarterly - compensates you if you have to work on billable client business outside of normal business hours. (XTIVIA understands family and work balance. Sometime you have to work off hours to finish a project or when on call...we try to compensate you for that).
For those that aspire to this calling, that prove themselves to be detail oriented, responsive, professional, master communicators, and that can work without supervision...
Experienced PostgreSQL Database Administrator able to perform remote consulting assignments, health checks, tuning, assessments, troubleshooting, installations, and migrations. Will require participation in our 24/7 on call support rotation. Will require daily multitasking among multiple clients.
PostgreSQL DBA Experienced with:
- MINIMUM of 4 years of recent experience in as a PostgreSQL DBA Database Administrator, not just 4 or more years of touching PostgreSQL, but 4 years of working on it
- PostgreSQL versions 9.3 to 12
- MongoDB experience
- Redis experience
- Homogenous and Heterogenous Migrations to PostgreSQL
- Stored Procedure and Function Development
- Writing Foreign Data Wrappers
- Maintenance Configurations
- Installation, Configuration, Upgrades and Patches
- Ad hoc Index Maintenance
- Object Creation and Management
- User and Role Management
- Performance tuning, query analyzation
- Able to troubleshoot problems with little or no assistance
- Providing configuration, monitoring and on-call support for development, test, and production environments
- Able to assist clients with PostgreSQL issues on the phone and via screen sharing software on the spot
- Ability to transition between multiple client environments during the workday - candidate will not be supporting a single environment but those of our clients
- Linux and Microsoft Windows experience required
- Must communicate effectively both verbally and written
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to troubleshoot technical issues.
- On-call support and regularly scheduled off-hours production installations
- Ability to export and import data from and to a PostgreSQL database
- Willing to attain additional Certification
- Willing to learn new skills that benefit the team and company when asked
- Experience with AWS Glue and other AWS applications
- Optimizing loads of large volumes of data into a database
- AWS SCT, AWS DMS, AWS Aurora PostgreSQL
- PostgreSQL EDB experience
- Linux/Unix Shell scripting and windows scripting
- Experience with large corporate business environments
- Data modeling concepts, also data warehousing development and design a plus
- System administration skills a plus
- Technical support or call center support experience a plus
- Professional Consulting Experience a plus
- VPN/Network/RDC configuration and debugging skills a plus
- XTIVIA is at the forefront of a new generation of information technology services companies focused on value, speed of delivery and high-performance technology solutions. We combine people, business process and advanced technology in a comprehensive set of IT services.
- Our database management team is composed of seasoned professionals who possess the business background, project management experience and technology expertise to deliver business-critical technology solutions. These solutions include a variety of platforms, devices and networks, including integration with legacy systems, development of business applications and web-based functionality.
- XTIVIA’s database services can be customized to meet the unique needs of your business. Our knowledgeable staff of database experts is available for long-term or short-term assignments to meet your database needs.
- Since 1992, XTIVIA has established a proven, global reputation as a company delivering cutting-edge professional solutions to our clients’ specific requirements, regardless of the complexity of the projects. XTIVIA’s success has stemmed from a proven ability to deliver quality professional services, allowing the client to leverage technology successfully, competitively, and profitably. XTIVIA has received additional awards this year from Liferay, CIO Review and Inc. 5000. XTIVIA has offices in Colorado, New York, New Jersey, Missouri and Texas.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: