An innovative tech company revolutionizing media and information worldwide is looking for an engineering manager with experience in deploying successful mobile apps. Candidates with knowledge and experience in Django, PostgreSQL, Flutter, Responsive and Adaptive UI design are preferred.
- Lead and inspire a team of highly capable and experienced professionals working on the development of our mobile app.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and support to the staff in technical matters. Ensure high productivity of the team members.
- Plan releases and schedule development. Provide estimates and initial assessment for proposed development tasks. Track and report progress of the project against key milestones. Balance resources with task assignments. Ensure on-time and high-quality delivery of the project.
- Keep feature stakeholders updated throughout the development cycle. Communicate with relevant parties to facilitate the release process.
- Contribute to process improvement within the LiveFEED technology organization.
Required skills & experience:
- 5+ years of experience in software design & development, systems engineering, and a track record of delivering successful software services and products, including mobile apps
- 3+ years of experience managing software development teams
- 3+ years of DevOps experience, including GitLab CI/CD
- 3+ years of experience in Django and PostgreSQL
- 3+ years of experience in Flutter
- 3+ years of experience in UI/UX, including responsive UI design
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to mentor developers, recruit new talent and support team culture
- Highly organized with exceptional interpersonal skills; collaborative by nature
- Ability to thrive in companies with diverse geographies and cultures
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or related fields
* When submitting your application, please include samples/links to the successful mobile apps you have previously deployed.
Related keywords: software engineering manager, software development manager, software manager, software engineer
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- What makes you a perfect fit for this position?
- Bachelor's (Required)
- software design & development: 5 years (Required)
- managing software development teams: 3 years (Required)
- DevOps experience, including GitLab CI/CD: 3 years (Required)
- Django and PostgreSQL: 3 years (Required)
- Flutter: 3 years (Required)
- UI/UX, including responsive UI design: 3 years (Required)
Full Time Opportunity:
- Fully Remote
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
Company's Facebook page:
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: