Our mission is to be the catalyst for massive, measurable, data-informed healthcare improvement through:
Data: integrate data in a flexible, open & scalable platform to power healthcare’s digital transformation
Analytics: deliver analytic applications & services that generate insight on how to measurably improve
Expertise: provide clinical, financial & operational experts who enable & accelerate improvement
Engagement: attract, develop and retain world-class team members by being a best place to work
Job Title: Analytics Engineer (R focus)
*This is a junior to intermediate level role*
Department: Outsourced Business Services BU
Location: US Remote
Travel: Approximately 30-35%, US
The Analytics Engineer (AE) role combines deep, analytics skills and a sound understanding of the processes and data that support the business of healthcare to inform a fundamental transformation of healthcare delivery as we know it today. The AE is the primary contact to create and deliver analytic value (including discovery, creation, communication and/or interpretation) for client teams as directed by the analytics field manager and client domain leaders. This posting is to support teams that use R heavily in their analytics strategy.
Additional accountabilities include:
- Providing analytic continuity at the client through all phases of deployment.
- Managing client expectations and timelines for analytic deliverables.
- Navigating difficult client conversations with professionalism.
- Supporting the analytics field manager in key areas, including deployment, communication on the status of progress to client leadership, knowledge transfer and training on HC platform and technologies.
- Presenting analytic insights to clinical/operational/financial leadership at client.
- Interfacing with a variety of roles (such as senior directors, product line managers, clinical staff, etc.) on an as needed basis.
- Implementing and promoting HC methodologies, while acting in the long-term best interest of the client.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Leverage client and Health Catalyst (HC) software and technologies to lead and perform varied analyses to support client outcomes improvement initiatives across clinical, operational, and financial domains.
- Design data models and visualizations that meet project requirements and comply with client and HC design standards and principles.
- Manage technical client projects by providing technical oversight; ensure assigned projects are executed efficiently and according to project requirements and timelines.
- Lead data validation tests to ensure quality of measurement.
- Work with client data architects to train and mentor on HC tools and methodologies
- All other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of creating stored procedures, functions
- Use of temp tables, CTEs
- Knowledge of best practices in data modeling
- Experience with Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes and principles. Familiarity with multiple ETL applications is a bonus.
- Strong experience delivering analytics to technical, non-technical and leadership teams that influence and support business strategy
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong ability to Interact with and communicate with all levels of employees and clients
- Self-motivated; comfortable working independently under general direction
- Data manipulation (tidyverse, dplyr, tidyr, data.table)
- Statistical analysis (clustering, refression, propensity scoring, etc.)
- Visualization (ggplot2, RMarkdown)
- Health care experience, particularly working with data
- Statistical modeling experience
- Strong working knowledge of database principles, processes, technologies and tools
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Visualization experience using a variety of BI tools (Qlikview, Tableau, Cognos, Crystal Reports)
- Strong experience with development methodologies including AGILE development
Education & Relevant Experience
- BS/BA in information technology, math, statistics or business-related field or equivalent relevant work experience
- Master’s Degree (MSIS preferred) or 2+ years’ experience in technology or technology related field
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst .
At Health Catalyst, we appreciate the opportunity to benefit from the diverse backgrounds and experiences of others. Because of our deep commitment to respect every individual, Health Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: