ABOUT HAPPY MONEY
Happy Money® is the fintech of the future, delivering digitally-native financial tools and services for human happiness™ through its purpose-driven marketplace between mission-aligned capital and consumers. Happy Money is creating an alternative to the "Sad Money™" system with a connected ecosystem of consumer financial products designed to help borrowers become savers.
Backed by leading investors including Anthemis Group, Tencent Holdings, and CMFG Ventures, Happy Money has helped over 150,000 members pay off over $2 billion in credit card debt. Founded in 2009, Happy Money has over 300 employees across the U.S. and is headquartered in Orange County, California.
Happy Money. A Happier Future.™
ABOUT THE ROLE
Happy Money’s Engineering team is seeking to hire a hands-on Principal Software Engineer to lead systems design and architecture initiatives spanning multiple divisions delivering products and services in support of Happy Money’s lending business. You will take on multiple projects to assess and identify challenges, and propose design solutions in collaboration with engineers, data scientists, and Product stakeholders to deliver a highly available, and delightful customer experience for Happy Money Customers.
- Working cross-functionally to identify system requirements, and designing the architecture of critical systems.
- Leading engineers to design and develop critical systems.
- Influencing and gaining consensus to impact the technology roadmap.
- Promoting best practices and mentoring other engineers.
- Leading by example, taking ownership of the design and development of system components.
- Fostering an environment of continuous improvement to increase engineering efficiency.
- Evangelizing development maturity through combined engineering and the full development life cycle.
- 15+ years experience as a software engineer developing solutions for systems at scale.
- 8+ years mobile development experience
- Mobile engineer with breadth of experience in system design, mobile architecture, and test-driven development.
- Able to dig deep to diagnose problems and communicate solutions broadly.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, you are curious, and a motivated self-learner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Thrive in an environment fostering freedom and responsibility.
- Results-oriented, and know how to unblock yourself and others to achieve goals and objectives.
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills capable of leading multiple projects.
- Polyglot capable of learning new languages and technologies quickly.
- Experience designing large scalable and reliable systems.
- Experience designing consumer-grade mobile applications.
- Experience and strong understanding of microservices architecture.
- Experience designing and developing cloud-based solutions.
- Understanding of containerization technologies.
- Production experience developing scalable/highly available consumer applications.
- BA/Master degree in Computer Science or related field of study OR relevant years of work experience
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience with financial services systems
- Hands-on experience with Flutter, ReactJS
- Strong hands-on experience with at least one SQL and one NoSQL variant, i.e. Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB, Redis.
- Experience in designing and deploying systems to AWS.
- 5+ years of experience leading teams as a tech lead or people manager.
Here at Happy Money, we live by our core values of Love, Trust, and Hustle and welcome all. Love is shown in how we develop meaningful relationships with everyone we interact with; whether it’s a member or your manager. Trust is shown through how we empower each other to come to work as our true selves and embrace our differences. Hustle is shown through how we fail fast and learn from our mistakes. No one is perfect, we’re all human; if this job description doesn’t exactly match your background, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: