As a Data Architect, you will be responsible for owning the strategy, design, and implementation of data migration and integration plans across multiple projects. The candidate must have a thorough understanding of database systems and software and a strong understanding of data protection and data governance. In addition, the candidate must have an exceptional skill level of attention to detail, data analysis, and problem-solving.
The person in this position will own the data migration and integration process throughout the entire project implementation lifecycle. They will also be responsible for ensuring the migration of data and/or data transformation meets the agreed-upon business requirements, ensures proper testing is implemented as well as performance and security are closely monitored within the team. The candidate will also need to have experience in providing level-of-effort estimates for solutions around data migration and/or data transformation.
As a Data Architect ….
- You have worked on a wide variety of projects: You have collaborated with technical and non-technical team members to complete a range of project types from small projects with a straightforward objective, to large projects with many business requirements. You have completed end-to-end data migrations inside of implementations that include high-level data mapping, detailed data analysis and mapping, data integrations, migration scripting, troubleshooting, data clean-up, and performing the migration. You can identify gaps between current and future states and deliver properly positioned data solutions.
- You have a broad set of tools: You feel comfortable determining the appropriate path for data migrations and integrations, have a strong understanding of the technical applications available inside and outside of the Salesforce ecosystem, and you know how to apply your knowledge and advocate for the appropriate approach on the data migration and/or integration. Ideally, you have experience in or knowledge of development technologies, web-based technologies, and integration technologies.
- You know database migration: You have working experience with relevant migration tools such as ETL, SQL, and data loaders.
- You know relational databases: You're familiar with the data structure (especially non-profits) that underpins a relational database, and if you don't already know Salesforce, you're excited to learn.
- You are a strong communicator: You can distill complex technical ideas for a diverse set of stakeholders from developers, project managers, executives, and clients of all technical levels of sophistication.
- You are adaptable: The idea of working on several diverse types of projects of different sizes within different organizations excites you.
- You are a critical thinker: You don’t need to be told how to get from point A to point B. You are up for the challenge of figuring out how the pieces of a given project fit together.
- Support Solutions Architect (SA) in client system tours, discovery sessions and participate where appropriate to understand current business processes.
- Own the data migration or integration plan and work with SA to secure client approval of the same. Plan data solutions to meet each requirement, finalize documentation, and secure approval from the client on each data deliverable.
- Audit existing data systems to strategize and plan the migration, including assessing any risks, potential impacts, and areas of improvement.
- Collaborate with SA to ensure system architecture meets the needs of the incoming data structure and details. Own building the plan for data migration utilizing knowledge of the client’s business requirements and planned system architecture.
- Act as the data expert point of contact with the client and ensure the vision for data migration is properly relayed to the client. Work with the Project Manager (PM) and the SA to design the discovery and implementation plans. Collaborate with the PM and SA to create estimates. Reprioritize tasks and rebuild the project plan as the project evolves.
- Partner with the SA to ensure organizational changes are being reflected in system architecture and data migration plan.
- Communicate progress of technical tasks to the PM and keep the client up to date with technical progress. Work directly with the client to clarify data requirements and data validation plan.
- Thoroughly test the new system after migration and document the process from strategies used to fixes and adjustments made.
- Develop and propose data migration best practices.
- Take initiative: identify a need or opportunity to benefit the customer or company and take appropriate steps to fill or achieve it
- Orient towards customers: proactively support Fíonta’s clients and would-be clients by considering and advocating for their needs
- Possess exceptional organizational and time management skills: manage workload across multiple projects, taking priority into consideration
- Solve problems creatively: think outside of the box and develop innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Consistently display honesty and integrity: exhibit an intuitive understanding of the “right thing” and a track record of doing so
Physical Demands & Environmental Conditions
The Data Architect will spend the majority of the workday in front of their computer. This job may be located in our DC office or may be done remotely.
Fíonta is a dynamic, fast-growing Salesforce.org Premium Partner that works almost exclusively for nonprofit organizations – including NGOs, charities, associations, foundations, and many other kinds of nonprofits. Our staff are engaged and highly talented at leveraging their skills in support of a diverse range of missions and causes from homelessness, animal welfare, literacy, poverty, hunger, advocacy, the environment, and many other issues.
Want to learn more about who we are? Check out 5 Fast Facts about Fíonta!
Fíonta is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: