Critical Logic is looking for an experienced, technical, personable Business Systems Analyst (BSA) to serve its clients' needs on complex software projects.
This is an FTE, full-time, hired position. The BSA’s first assignment will be a 2+ year engagement with our client in Olympia, Washington. Work will be conducted primarily remotely.
In addition to strong BA skills and technical aptitude, this work requires innovative thinking, and the ability to build personal relationships with client staff to get things done.
The BSA will work independently, but with strategic support from Critical Logic leadership, and with direct responsibility for delivery to the client.
- Provide expertise and tactical execution in all aspects of business and functional analysis
- Represent Critical Logic, fulfilling our commitment to provide an outstanding level of service and our mission of driving quality into software
- Establish and grow personal relationships with client staff to earn their trust, get things done, and enable their success
- Develop and maintain formally rigorous business and functional system requirement documentation to drive system development
- Leverage standard-based formal methods for documentation, including but not limited to the UML formalisms
- Contribute to Critical Logic’s internal efforts to develop repeatable processes for COTS projects
- Support multiple engagements/projects when necessary
- Learn and leverage Critical Logic's Cause-Effect Modeling technology for analysis and test design where appropriate
- Meet with Business Subject Matter Experts individually or in groups to document current and future business processes
- Work independently to document current business system functionality, system operations, and supported business processes
- Professional experience working individually and as part of a team to deliver high quality work efforts in a timely fashion.
- Preference for candidates with experience in Highway/Transportation Program Management or Enterprise Program Management Systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to write clear and concise business documents as well as communicate complex ideas with subject matter experts.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build and maintain productive personal relationships
- Demonstrated skills in problem-solving and decision-making, and successful collaboration with highly technical staff
- Experience in and understanding of a variety of SDLCs and methodologies, including Agile
- Familiarity with common software development terminology and formalisms, including SQL & UML
- Experience with a variety of system types, including mainframe, web, client-server, and SOA environments
- Bachelor's Degree or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. MBA a plus.
USEFUL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience working on COTS or ERP software implementations in any capacity
- CBAP, BABOK, Six Sigma, PMP, and other formal certifications
- Understanding of model-based testing principles
- Experience in other aspects of software development, not just BA work (development, test, etc.)
- Test automation experience
- Experience developing diagrams in UML (Class, Activity, State, Sequence, Use Case)
ABOUT CRITICAL LOGIC
Critical Logic Inc., based in the San Francisco Bay area, has been a leader in the software quality industry for over 20 years. Its customers include small and large businesses, government agencies, and consulting organizations across a wide range of industries, from banking to embedded-systems to defense. Critical Logic is a leader in requirements modeling and model-based testing, providing tools and services to its customers, lowering their costs by driving quality into the systems they build. Critical Logic offers its consultants competitive salary and benefits package, with opportunities for advancement and contribution to internal R&D, product support, and customer training. Find out more at our web site, http://www.critical-logic.com/. Critical Logic is an equal opportunity employer.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: