The Data Protection and Storage Engineer is an exciting and challenging position that offers the chance to work with and learn various technologies. As an Engineer on our Managed Services team, you will play an integral part of a team that delivers services to customers in a Managed/Cloud Hosting environment. The team's core focus is the design and engineering of systems (hardware and operating systems), collaboration on application integration, administration, problem management, preventive maintenance, performance tuning, and capacity planning, all within best practice standards.
In this role, you will be responsible for the daily administration of our Data Protection and Storage infrastructure and environments, to include establishing standards for storage configuration, usage, and management; storage system reliability and capacity management, availability, and monitoring; backup strategies; application support; as well as research, recommendation, and implementation of new technologies.
Our Managed Services team provides support to customers 24/7/365. Candidates must be willing and able to participate in an on-call rotation schedule.
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of enterprise storage and system software.
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of storage area networks (SANs).
- Technical and operational support of all client/infrastructure storage issues and problems.
- Development of technology standards and establishment of performance guidelines to support daily operations of server and storage infrastructure.
- Capacity planning to ensure sufficient resources to meet business requirements.
- Compliance with applicable industry and regulatory standards including structural standards, security standards, and privacy standards.
- Evaluation and recommendation of new technologies.
- Performs assignments that require an ability to act independently with minimum supervision, including but not limited to facilitating discussions with business users and influencing others that have no reporting relationship to him/her.
- Performance of other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years backup, data protection, and/or storage administration in a Managed Services Provider (MSP) environment.
- Experience with IBM v5000/v7000 arrays, NetApp filers, EMC, and Oracle storage arrays is preferred, and/or related Fiber Channel and NAS storage systems.
- Experience supporting either Linux or Windows OS is highly desired.
- Experience with virtualization and cloud technologies like VMware, Nutanix, AWS, OCI (Oracle Cloud), OVM (Oracle Virtual Machine) is highly desired.
- Knowledge of backup technologies like Tivoli Storage Manager and CommVault is a bonus.
- Experience with Brocade series SAN switches preferred.
- Excellent service-driven customer-focused skills, as well as oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills are required.
- Must be effective in working in an environment that requires the ability to multi-task, adapt to change, and to produce timely deliverables at high quality standards.
- Proven ability to work in both a team environment and independently.
- Exhibit a high level of individual initiative.
- Ability to create and adapt processes and procedures to meet changes in business needs.
- Ability to learn new technology and provide creative solutions to business needs.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: