Core4ce is looking for a Solutions Architect that will guide Military Health Systems customers through engineering and onboarding processes for the DHA, and support datacenter engineers as they deploy medical systems into on-premises and cloud environments. This position will provide technical expertise in determining system requirements, operational requirements, and testing requirements, and work with the customer to produce architectural diagrams, build sheets, and objective plans. Must have strong communication skills and be able to handle multiple projects as they navigate various stages of the onboarding process.
- Support customers as they migrate projects into government private cloud, government-approved public cloud, and on-premises environments
- Design systems that may scale to hundreds or even thousands of virtual machines or cloud instances
- Provide solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of expertise and creativity. Problems are broadly defined, and solutions require the continuation of specialized theories and knowledge
- Create and update system and network diagrams with the customer that accurately reflects the customer’s project architecture and visually identifies security boundaries
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) on one or more technologies/skills related to system design, network architecture, and project management
- Lead or attend meetings with stakeholders to discuss status of efforts
- Submit weekly reports to DHA leadership regarding system/program status
- Accredited BS degree in a technical field and fifteen (15) years of operating system and virtualization experience, OR fifteen (15) years of hands-on experience with IT projects directly supporting Medical Health Systems or other DoD/Federal systems (Advanced degrees may replace experience)
- Familiarity with cloud and/or datacenter architecture, to include networking and networking devices, security groups, cloud instances, and cloud native technologies
- Ability to plan and organize work and interact with technical and non-technical personnel to translate user requirements into plans and diagrams.
- Demonstrated detailed knowledge of IA concepts and requirements as they pertain to customer projects
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of DOD and/or DHA specifications and standards.
- Experience performing system design integration planning for multiple large-scale installations.
- Experience performing hardware and software evaluations
- Familiarity with system testing, evaluation, planning, execution, and management.
- Familiarity with performing system requirements planning and oversight.
- Familiarity with development milestone scheduling.
- Demonstrated understanding of FISMA and HIPAA IA requirements.
- Familiarity with information security management and information systems audits.
- Excellent customer service and organization skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently
- Experience using Microsoft Project or other project management tools to track multiple efforts simultaneously
- Experience using Microsoft Visio or other advanced visualization tools to create detailed and reusable diagrams
- DoD 8570-compliant
- Current Security+ Certification
- Ability to obtain an OS certification or complete approved related training within 180 days of hire
- Depending on education obtained, may be required to have an advanced industry recognized certification, such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Project Management Professional (PMP), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional, or Azure Solutions Architect – Expert.
- Ability to travel up to 0-5%
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
Additional qualifications that are a plus
- Experience working under DHA
- Advanced knowledge in one or more of the following technologies:
- Medical devices
- Cloud architecture in AWS or Azure
- Network Devices
- Databases – MS SQL, Oracle
- VMWare – Virtualization
- Long Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance
- Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Direct Payroll Deposit
- Leave Accrual
- Short Term Disability
- Additional (Voluntary) Life Insurance
- Additional (Voluntary) AD&D Insurance
- Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Care Plan
- Flexible Spending Account Plan
- Online Training
- AFLAC Supplementary Insurances
Core4ce is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Core4ce does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Core4ce provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Core4ce complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Core4ce expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Core4ce’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: