This role is responsible for coding and development of Metis, mentoring younger developers and contributing to high-level architectural and design implementation conversations about Metis, SA’s patented technology platform.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Modify existing software to fix errors, improve the overall quality and functionality, add features or update integrations with other software
- Participate in Quality Assurance practices and testing
- Work collaboratively on an agile scrum team
- Actively participate in developing new solutions and features to address business needs
- Review code changes from other developers and provide constructive feedback
- Prepare reports, manuals, and other documentation for the operation and maintenance of the software
- Develop and support reporting from SQL Server database
- Mentor other software engineers
- Perform other tasks on projects as needed/assigned
- Effectively communicates insights and plans to cross-functional stakeholders, internal and external.
- Serves as a positive role model by representing the SA’s Core Values.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications (Include Education and Experience):
- Proficiency with C#, ASP.NET and Entity Framework
- Ability to create and modify scripts, stored procedures, triggers and functions as well as query, extract and update data in Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with software architecture, design patterns and principals
- Good attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize workload to complete required tasks with a sprint (2 week) timeframes
- Creativity in various aspects of development. Someone who thinks outside the box, innovates, and problem-solves
- Must be self-motivated and results-oriented and driven by continual self-improvement with development technologies and methodologies
- Knowledge of Windows Server Administration, IIS, MS SQL and Azure
- Experience with .NET Core
- Experience with UI development
- A habit of test-driven development
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Must be collaborative and work in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to evaluate information from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details and abstract low-level information to a more general understanding.
- Strong listening, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence stakeholders, including senior leadership, and work closely with all team members to determine acceptable solutions.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong resourcefulness and research skills required.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong supporter of SA’s desired culture.
Education – Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/related field OR equivalent experience
Experience – 6+ years development experience, designing and modeling applications
Certifications, Licenses, Associations, etc. – Industry certifications in software development, software systems, preferred.
Physical – Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel – As needed
For the right candidate, Strategic America is open to this position being remote outside of Iowa.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: