How many times in your career do you have the opportunity to help scale a high-growth startup and transform the food system? As the massive, $200 billion categories of meat and seafood move online, Crowd Cow is already on the forefront. We are building the leading brand, offering convenience, assortment, and transparency from farm to table.
Crowd Cow is a mission-driven, Series B funded startup founded in 2015 and featured in leading publications including the New York Times, the TODAY Show, Food & Wine, Forbes, the Guardian, and more.
Join us! Together, with other talented, motivated, and ambitious coworkers, we will build a transformative, scalable, and enduring company that will make a positive impact on the food system.
We are looking for seasoned cross-functional leader to be our General Manager for Gifting. Gifting is a unique and thriving business for Crowd Cow. A box of delicious Crowd Cow meat and seafood, perhaps A5 Japanese Wagyu or Lobster Tails, is a fantastic and unique gift. It's more personal than many gift options out there, yet incredibly convenient for gift givers. In addition to consumer gifting, we've learned that companies love giving Crowd Cow to employees as seasonal gifts or to accompany employee activities. Corporate clients also love giving Crowd Cow to customer and suppliers.
The key responsibility for our General Manager for Gifting is to ensure that our gifting business achieves its potential. Responsibilities include developing a marketing, product, technology, sales, and business intelligence roadmap for the gifting business and overseeing hiring and execution. This role has end-to-end-ownership over physical gifting customer experience and operations, virtual gifting, physical and virtual gift cards, and activities that convert gift recipients into Crowd Cow customers.
These are some of the specific activities our General Manager for Gifting will focus on:
- Building out a customer experience product/technology roadmap including identification and prioritization of key themes, identification of key projects within those themes, and determining optimal project sequencing.
- Building out and scaling a sales function to drive growth in corporate gifting.
- Identifying, developing, and securing valuable partnerships to leverage third-parties to drive distribution and growth for our Gifting business.
- Evolving the suite of metrics that we use to measure all aspects of Gifting and evaluate the effectiveness of new feature launches and experiments.
- Evaluating all current processes and tools for Gifting including consumer, corporate, and third-party platforms. Defining what the aspirational state for each system is and building a roadmap that lays out investments we should make and sequencing to progress towards that ideal state.
- Evaluating third-party software options and comparing against our internal development capabilities and timelines and making build vs. buy recommendations for a rapidly scaling business.
- Ensuring that the Gifting business is an integral part of our buying mechanisms to ensure we have the necessary product on hand to support Gifting growth.
- Looking around corners. You'll be in charge of identifying what actions we need to take today to make sure we're prepared for tomorrow with respect to our Gifting business.
You might be a great fit for Crowd Cow's General Manager for Gifting role if you possess the following qualities:
- A Leader AND a Doer. You effectively lead and execute through others on your team, but you don't hesitate to roll up sleeves and do whatever is necessary to grow the business when there are gaps in skills or resource availability. You are a coach and a player.
- An Eye for Customer Experience Design. You're not a designer, but you have strong instincts for customer experience design including information hierarchy, ensuring valuable content/functionality is prominent, and creating experiences that achieve the desired customer goal.
- Growth Mindset. You are never satisfied with the status quo. You are constantly looking for ways for yourself and your team to be more effective. You're an active partner in driving growth of the business.
- Positive, Can-do Attitude. When confronted with challenges of any type, you see opportunities, not problems. You inspire others to confront those challenges, learn from them, and take actions that will make the team and our technology stack stronger.
- Ownership mentality. You hold yourself accountable for anything related to the effectiveness of the platform you lead. If there's an issue, you show a high degree of ownership, even if there is another ultimate owner within your team.
- Data-driven Mentality. You consistently use data to support your decisions, as an input into your prioritization, and to measure the impact of your actions. You go get the data need vs. depending on others to provide it.
These are the key objective requirements for the role:
- 4+ years of cross-functional leadership experience with direct ownership of product management, marketing, and analytics functions.
- 4+ years of experience working directly with software development teams to build software products.
- 2+ years as an end-to-end owner of an entire program or division.
- A Bachelor's degree, ideally in a business or technical-related field.
- Experience in data mining (SQL, ETC, data warehouse, etc.) and analytics tools.
We are currently a remote company but have a strong preference for candidates living in or willing to relocate to the Seattle area.
Crowd Cow offers a generous PTO and Benefits package to all Full Time Employees.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: