Join UKG and see why we are the 3rd best company to work in Technology, according to Fortune's Top 100 list, and the 6th best place to work overall, according to Forbes Great Places to Work list!
UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) offers you an opportunity to be a part of an innovative Cloud Architecture team to design networking solutions in a complex technical landscape in the public cloud, which serves as the foundation for our enterprise SaaS offerings at UKG, a global market-leading enterprise Cloud company.
We are seeking an experienced, passionate Cloud Data Architect for our growing team! This role can be remotely based.
This architecture role is a hands-on, leadership role combining technical expertise with strategic vision and mentoring in the design, implementation and operational delivery of databases and tools in a cloud environment at enterprise scale. A successful candidate will have deep expertise in at least one major RDBMS (PostgreSQL preferred) as well as significant operational experience in large-scale database deployments in a cloud environment. Additional experience in non-relational database architecture and design is extremely desirable.
You will guide and mentor a team of database professionals, operational delivery & infrastructure team members to plan, enhance, and implement enhancements to our data layer, supporting numerous business and operational functions, and providing a reliable, scalable, stable data platform upon which our business can continue to grow. You will be part of an architecture team responsible for overall systemwide data strategy, resiliency, performance, and efficiency.
- Plan, architect, and guide delivery of critical, complex database, cloud storage and other cloud data infrastructure features at enterprise scale, including purge/archive, backup/recovery, data refresh, and overall database architecture and scalability.
- Develop and enforce standards for relational and non-relational database design and development best practices, and design tools to enforce these practices at scale.
- Continuously evaluate current trends in the data technology space and provide recommendations on best practices and new / differentiating capabilities, including active vendor engagement and product roadmap review and feedback.
- Collaborate with development and operations leadership to identify data tier feature gaps, improvement opportunities, and proactive enhancements to increase quality of service.
- Develop and enforce best practices for application use of database, in conjunction with database development and database administration teams.
Expertise with more than one major relational database (preferably PostgreSQL / EPAS) such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Aurora, etc.
- Expert knowledge of database architecture and implementation planning and execution, and demonstrated delivery of enterprise-scale database
- Expert knowledge of efficient database configuration and schema design for OLTP, OLAP, DW use cases
- Expert-level understanding of database query tuning and optimization
- Demonstrated experience of architecting databases in cloud platforms such as Google GCP, AWS, Azure.
- Working knowledge of one or more cloud data warehouse (BigQuery, Snowflake, Redshift)
- Working knowledge of enterprise cloud storage infrastructure, data replication and data integration middleware technologies
- Working knowledge of middleware / application access methods to database including connection pools, JDBC, etc.
At UKG, our purpose is PEOPLE.
- 100% company paid health, dental and vision insurance for entire family.
- Unlimited PTO
- 45% UKG match on 401K contribution up to the federal maximum.
and so much more!
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: