Dixon Schwabl is looking for a Database Developer to join our marketing operations team. You’ll focus on building scalable business intelligence solutions across a variety of clients and industries, driving optimization, insights and strategy. With a deep understanding of the data, you’ll develop scalable processes that unify data from disparate sources and dashboards for cross-platform reporting.
Duties + Responsibilities
- Work closely with internal agency stakeholders and clients as necessary.
- Understand business requirements—translate and use complex data sources that need to be blended, cleaned, structured and enriched into a desired output for analysis and modeling.
- Conduct a broad range of analytics, tuning SQL queries, data management and optimization functions, including development, scheduling, job optimization, version control management, data quality management and issue resolution.
- Using SQL, aggregate data and build attributes to be used for data warehouses/big data platforms, scorecards and dashboards for user-level audience and consumer data using analytical and visualization tools.
- Troubleshoot and resolve data discrepancies, perform quality audits, identify data gaps/anomalies, conduct root cause analysis with recommended solutions and track error resolution through completion.
- Develop custom datasets and execute data extract queries to support ad hoc analyses and data science initiatives.
- Present and communicate data summaries and presentations with the goal of data education.
- Create and maintain custom third-party API connections using Python or similar programming language for data transferring purposes.
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Experience with cloud data warehouses, such as AWS.
- Intermediate knowledge of database design and development principles.
- Able to troubleshoot, identify and correct database issues.
- Ability to perform basic query tuning, index and statistics creation.
- Experience creating and maintaining ETL processes for data conversions.
- Experience designing and maintaining database schemas with an understanding of best practices for normalization and referential integrity.
- Experience writing and maintaining database procedures, functions and triggers.
- Experience learning and applying best practices for database configuration.
- Good written and verbal skills.
Required Education + Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (3-5 years).
- Experience developing API connections and data integrations across pipelines and cloud data sources (AWS, Azure), including Google Marketing Platform, social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter), marketing automation (Marketo) and CRM (Salesforce) platforms.
- Intermediate SQL (T-SQL preferred), ETL Experience and/or Python scripting experience.
We hold true to our core values of respect, integrity, teamwork, community, innovation and fun. We’re fueled by new ideas and original ways of looking at things. And we thrive on rethinking old norms. If you’ve got big ideas and a passion for progress, we want to hear about your vision.
Dixon Schwabl is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: