Furnished Quarters is the largest independently owned and operated supplier of global temporary housing, offering over 100,000 fully furnished apartments in more than 800 cities worldwide. Headquartered in Manhattan, the company offers a selection of 1,500+ stylishly designed, strategically located, completely furnished apartments in New York City, White Plains, New Jersey, Massachusetts, California and Connecticut. Through formal national and global partnerships, we provide access to a wide portfolio of accommodations around the world.
As a member of the Furnished Quarters Technology team, the Web Software Developer is responsible for building, testing and implementing software that is used by all of our guests, corporate clients. This individual will also build software tools internally for FQ employees to help the company grow. This individual will interface with employees in the Technology, Marketing, Sales, Operations, and Client Service groups. This individual will also need to interface with others cross-functionally through the company as needed. Responsibilities include gathering requirements, designing, and developing software solutions, ensuring similar practices within the team, documenting software implementations, and investigating and solving problems. Learn about our business to help bring value to our customers and internal users.
- Participate in the application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging.
- Write clean code to maintain functional web applications.
- Troubleshoot and debug applications.
- Gather and address technical design requirements.
- Liaise with developers, designers, and system administrators to identify new features.
- Stay current on emerging technologies and innovations in the IT/Software Development space.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned based on the team's project load.
- Report to the primary office location to complete work assignments.
- Collaborate with team members to design, develop and support new web application features.
- Maintain existing application features and identify areas for improvement.
- Work with internal stakeholders including product owners and project managers to define and clarify requirements.
- Follow coding standards and best practices to deliver cohesive, readable code.
- Implement and carry out unit testing.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure all accepted code is consistent, efficient, and reusable.
- Troubleshoot and solve problems for new and legacy code bases.
- Regularly update project documentation.
- Contribute to the evolution of team-level best practices and standards for software development.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 1-3 years of programming experience.
- Cloud Platforms: Heroku, AWS
- Experience with PostgreSQL/MySQL/SQL, Redis, Git, API’s
- Bonus: Experience with Salesforce.com / Apex programming language.
- In-depth understanding of the development process (design, development, deployment).
- Excellent analytical and time management skills.
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering or related field.
Benefits and Perks
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long Term & Short Term Disability, Medical FSA, Commuter Benefits, 401k with Company Matching.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: