The Florida Blue IT team develops and manages next generation solutions, systems and assets that support this mission. Working in a collaborative, creative and fun environment, we offer technology professionals a wide range of opportunities to utilize and further develop their skills while helping people live healthier lives.
Data Scientists produce innovative solutions driven by exploratory data analysis from complex and high-dimensional datasets. Apply knowledge of statistics, data modeling, machine learning and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries. Use a flexible, analytical approach to design, develop, and evaluate predictive models. Generate and test hypotheses. The Data Scientist proactively seeks to develop their skillsets and provide value-added support within the Data Science team.
Payment integrity is in the midst of a transformation towards being a data driven and strategic asset for healthcare payers. This position requires an experienced resource with both healthcare expertise and wide-ranging technical skills including model development.
- This role will work with “messy” healthcare claims data, write adept SQL code, perform exploratory data analysis, build artificial intelligence models, implement models, develop performance reporting, and work effectively in a DevOps environment and ad-hoc delivery.
Communication & Project Ownership
- Manage projects in their entirety and requires minimal direction and receive guidance when needed
- Partner with senior team members to assess customer needs and define business questions and derive solutions.
- Communicate results and insights, both verbally and written (including visual graphics), in a clear and concise manner to analytical and non-technical business partners.
- Identify and communicate roadblocks.
- Work on multiple concurrent projects and accommodate frequent interruptions and changing priorities
- Effectively participate in meetings with customers and emerging ability to guide discussion and decision making.
- Work with cross-functional teams in proof of concepts and/or technical projects.
- Experience in supporting large projects, and manage smaller projects in their entirety
- Emerging ability to influence customers to take action on analytical insights.
- Ability to communicate results and insights, both verbally and written (including visual graphics), in a clear and concise manner to a non-technical audience.
- Acquire and bring structure to data so that it can be used in existing and new data systems.
- Build tools that help you and the other Data Scientists translate insights into action at scale.
- Identify, define and translate business needs/problems into analytical questions by understanding organizational strategy and objectives.
- Design and execute experiments, models, algorithms, and visualizations
- Understand data sources and limitations, warehousing system and the impact of the data on business decisions.
- Research and evaluate statistical and computational methodologies to provide actionable insights and identify opportunities that optimize quality, consumer experience, and healthcare costs and propose solutions.
- Develop scalable, efficient, and automated processes for large scale data analyses and model development, validation, and implementation.
- Experience with data manipulation and building automated data pipelines aimed at process efficiency.
- Identify, retrieve, and manipulate data from internal and external datasets. Comprehensive knowledge of available external datasets and resources.
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis, data mining and predictive modeling tools and techniques
- Experience in building good models, writing SQL, deploying models, supporting applications and working in ad-hoc delivery.
- Has worked as software engineer or Data engineer and transitioned to a Data Scientist role and can act as a bridge between Data scientists and software engineering resources.
Reporting & Other
- Contribute to technical reports, white papers, and publications.
- Stay current on new processes and technology in Data Science and communicate findings to team
- Perform all other tasks as assigned
- Extract and aggregate consumer data as needed for reporting
- Emerging ability to mentor junior team members
- Other programming experience - Java, UNIX/Linux scripting
- Working knowledge of application development and/or web development a plus
- Very few data scientists with healthcare experience have worked on payment integrity projects. Having worked on Data Analysis and Machine Learning models on Medical claims data is a big plus
- Healthcare claims data knowledge, instead of just healthcare utilization and cost management programs, or marketing initiatives.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 3+ years related work experience in advanced analytics or similar role
- Bachelor’s degree Computer science (with specialization in Machine learning/Artificial Intelligence /Visualization, databases, and Big Data), Statistics, or closely related field with Data Science specialization
Additional Qualifications Required:
- Requires expert proficiency in SQL, At least 3 years of SQL experience, writing SQL queries using Toad or SQL Server applications within db2 or similar environments
- Experience of 'Big Data' concepts and Spark, Presto, S3, NoSQL databases
- Requires experience with Object oriented programming such as Python.
- 2+ years’ experience with advanced analytics e.g. predictive analytics models. Must have applied experience in Machine Learning
- Experience with DevOps and the Agile development process
- Proficient in a wide range of tools for Model Ops and CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery).
- Assisted in a variety of development and deployment tasks for a python-based machine learning model.
- Hyperparameter tuning for the selection of the final version of a ML model that should go to production
- Understanding with unit testing, release procedures, coding design and documentation protocol as well as change management procedures
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite to include Excel, Access, and PowerPoint Experience
- Familiar with common coding and billing practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills; flexible team player
Florida Blue or general health insurance experience
- Identifies, defines, and translates business needs/problems into analytical questions. Think strategically and broadly (end to end process)
- Stay current on new processes and technology in Data Science and provide educational sessions on advanced analytical and computational methodologies
- Relevant Development Certifications
- Passion for growth and learning new techniques with vigor and enthusiasm.
- Strong individual contributor with top notch team collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team in a fast-changing environment with changing priorities and changing time constraints
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task.
We are interested in every qualified applicant who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor VISAs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: