Numerator is a data and tech company bringing speed and scale to market research. Headquartered in Chicago, IL, Numerator has more than 2,000 employees worldwide. The company blends proprietary data with advanced technology to create unique insights for the market research industry that has been slow to change. The majority of Fortune 100 companies are Numerator clients.
Numerator is looking for Machine Learning Engineers to join our growing Research and Development team. This is a unique opportunity where you will get a chance to work with an established and rapidly evolving platform that handles millions of requests and massive amounts of events, and other data. In this position, you will be responsible for taking on new initiatives to design, build, and deploy high performance deep learning models in a rapidly-scaling environment.
As a member of our team, you will make an immediate impact as you help build out and expand our technology platforms across several software products. This is a fast-paced role with high growth, visibility, impact, and ownership. Many of the decisions for new projects will be driven by you and your team from inception through production.
What you'll get to do
- Train machine learning and deep learning models on computing clusters to perform visual recognition tasks, such as segmentation and detection.
- Build distributed, scalable, and reliable data pipelines that ingest and process data at scale and in real-time to feed machine learning algorithms.
- Incorporate real time data streams to produce highly predictive features in our models.
- Work closely with data scientists, engineers, product managers, other teams, both internal and external stakeholders, owning a large part of the process from problem understanding to shipping the solution.
- Create new models, systems, and tools to help provide answers that allow Numerator to continue to build out the world's largest single-source set of purchase data across brands and retailers.
- Create and maintain end-to-end data pipelines and APIs according to business needs.
- Have the freedom to suggest and drive organization-wide initiatives while being part of providing the technical vision and strategy at Numerator.
- Identify new opportunities to apply ML and other AI technologies across our products.
Skills & Requirements
What you bring
- You have a blend of data engineering, machine learning, and product innovation skills that let you jump into a fast paced environment and contribute on day one.
- You have at least 3 years of experience designing and implementing software solutions for complex problems. Must have industry experience with building and deploying ML based solutions.
- You have a strong understanding of software engineering practices and fundamentals (including: data structures, algorithms, and software design concepts) and you are very comfortable with OOP principles.
- You have experience in building real-world systems at internet-scale for solving problems in recommendation systems, search, computer vision or content understanding.
- You have expertise in one or more OOP including Python, Go, or Java, and an eagerness to learn more.
- You are proficient in one more SQL database technologies such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc..
- You have experience with designing, building, and maintaining production-grade machine learning pipelines and models.
- You have experience and knowledge of classical ML and DL models, and libraries like Scikit-learn, Pytorch, Tensorflow.
- You are a self-starter who is capable of learning on the job, take initiatives, and can pivot from blockers and develop new approaches.
- You love building great products - You know how to engineer solutions that balance, robustness, scalability and performance.
- You have a Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or another quantitative discipline.
Nice to haves
- You are familiar with monitoring and deployment tools and platforms, such as, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS Services.
- Demonstrated ability to drive selection of machine learning approaches to solve specific problems coupled with the ability to clearly communicate tradeoffs
- Experience working with a MPP data warehouse (Redshift, Snowflake)
- Experience configuring and optimizing data pipelines
- Experience in Marketing Analytics field
- Experience on AWS Sagemaker stack & pattern
- General software design patterns (REST, MVC, Auto-scaling, ect)
What we offer
- More data than you could imagine to play with!
- An inclusive and collaborative company culture- we work in an open environment while working together to get things done, and adapt to the changing needs as they come
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Volunteer time off and charitable donation matching
- Regular hackathons to build your own projects and work with people across the entire company
- Strong support for career growth, including mentorship programs, leadership training, access to conferences and employee resource groups
- Great benefits package including health/vision/dental, exceptional maternity/parental leave coverage, unlimited PTO, flexible schedule, 401K/RRSPs matching and much more
If this sounds like something you would like to be part of, we’d love for you to apply! Don't worry if you think that you don't meet all the qualifications here. The tools, technology, and methodologies we use are constantly changing and we value talent and interest over specific experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: