** We are interested in every qualified applicant who is eligible to work remotely in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor VISAs.
The Florida Blue IT team develops and manages next generation solutions, systems and assets that support this mission. Working in a collaborative, creative and fun environment, we offer technology professionals a wide range of opportunities to utilize and further develop their skills while helping people live healthier lives.
Sr. Performance Engineer (HP LoadRunner/Performance Center)
- You will ensure our Tier 1 applications are able to scale properly and maintain operational efficiency, resulting in limiting system outages and impacting business continuity.
- Support Performance Test Scripting and Execution for the testing organization by serving as a member on a dedicated Performance Test Team that focuses completely on Load, Stress and Performance Testing
- Elicit and gather requirements for Performance Testing by working closely with functional test teams, development teams and/or business teams on a regular basis and drive out performance requirements for the application(s) under test
- Build Performance Test Strategies and Frameworks based on the planned scope of Performance Testing
- Design, Develop, Execute and Maintain effective performance test scripts by understanding precisely what the development, test and/or business teams want to see as success criteria for application performance
- Design, Develop, Execute and Maintain complex performance test scripts using HP LoadRunner that requires highly complex programming in C by following an established set of coding standards for the team and utilizing advanced techniques in performance testing
- Set up and configure probing and monitoring tools to monitor performance and availability of the application during test
- Write complex Queries in SQL for reading, updating, deleting and inserting data from/into various DB2 and/or Oracle databases for input/output to performance test scripts
- Maintain existing or newly built Performance Test Scripts for ongoing changes and maintenance to applications under test
- Manage the storage, scheduling and execution of performance test scripts as well as track any issues and defects in the scripts within HP Quality Center and/or HP Performance Center
- Identify, design and develop creative solutions for practical performance test problems during design, scripting, execution or maintenance of the tests
- Support planned and/or unplanned releases and/or upgrades on various applications and/or infrastructure hosting them by designing and executing performance tests to successfully measure the application performance
- Keep customers as well as the team lead and manager informed of the progress of work efforts on new development as well as maintenance and support activities on performance testing
- Document Performance Test Approach for any planned performance tests that includes architecture of the system under test, critical success factors for the test(s), planned load and response times and SLAs expected
- Monitor the system under test during performance test using various tools and analyze and produce results after the test
- Review results of the test with various IT teams and clarify any performance concerns noticed
- Experience working with JMeter and other open source tools is a plus
- Experience working in the Health Care Industry is a plus
Minimum Job Requirements:
- 5+ years related work experience.
- Related Bachelor’s degree or additional related equivalent work experience IT related field
Additional Required Skills:
- Strong Working Knowledge of the software development life cycle with emphasis on Testing
- Experience in Performance Testing using HP Performance Center or Load Runner, including all components (Virtual User Generator, Controller, Load Generator and Analysis)
- Strong Working Experience using SQL or similar query language on SQL Server and/or Oracle and/or DB2 for writing complex queries to read, update, insert or delete data
- Strong Working Experience with monitoring and analyzing results from performance testing
- Experience with generating reports and monitoring load tests using external tools like Dynatrace, Fiddler, Introscope, Splunk etc.
- Moderate Working Experience with all modules of HP Quality center and Rally
- Moderate Working Experience with building Performance Test Strategies and Frameworks
- Moderate Working Experience with Microsoft Office Tools including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Moderate Technical documentation skills
- Ability to thoroughly understand client-server and/or web application architecture, SOA and Middleware technologies.
General Physical Demands: Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to move objects. Jobs are sedentary if traversing activities are required only occasionally.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Protected Veteran/Disabled Employer committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture for our employees and communities.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: