About the Company:
Spatial Front, Inc is the fast-growing small company providing IT solutions to federal, state, local governments, and the private sector. SFI is nationally recognized by Inc. Magazine by being awarded the Inc. 5000 Award in 2018, 2019, and 2020. We pride ourselves on being one of the premier employers in the VA, MD, DC area.
SFI is an industry leader in delivering cutting-edge technical solutions and mission support services that bring our customer’s businesses to the forefront of the 21st century. Our corporate commitment to excellence in client services and product development means that our people are attentive, hands-on, and bring industry-leading expertise that will meet and exceed your needs in a straightforward, timely, and cost-effective manner.
Every employee at SFI is a leader. We don’t settle. We blaze our own path and inspire those around us into action. We motivate others to reach their full potential. To learn more about us visit: www.spatialfront.com
This is a large-scale IT software development effort implementing Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Design logical and physical data models
- Ensure database optimization, integrity, consistency, security and privacy.
- Providing support, guidance and collaborating with Application Developers to implement database design
- Create scripts to build new database objects.
- Develop stored procedures, functions, packages, triggers and views using SQL.
- Assist with schema design, code review and SQL query tuning.
- Assist with application schema upgrades and improvement, and data upgrades
- Participate in SQL code reviews, write and deploy SQL patches
- Interface with DB operations personnel, understand data layer operations protocols
- Uphold and practice SAFe Agile principles, working as a member of a scrum team
- Adhere to enterprise standards and best practices
- 5+ years working as a database developer, database engineer or in a related role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- 5 -7 years of SQL expertise—you can write a query to do almost anything.
- SQL server administration experience, including knowing the basics of running Microsoft SQL Server — users, permission, backups, recovery, monitoring, and more.
- Tools: Redgate, Power Designer, SQL Server Reporting System
- Database tuning experience, database integration design and implementation, and management of database projects.
- Good understanding of data and schema standards and concepts
- Good understanding of database design, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Ability to work with a team in an Agile environment—you can address bugs with QA, plan schemas with engineering, and respond quickly to other business needs.
- Knowledge and know-how to troubleshoot potential issues, and experience with best practices around database operations.
- ETL experience is a plus.
- Highly organized and self-motivated with the ability to prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and make room for emergencies, as needed.
This is a 100% remote position and anyone in the United States who obtain Public Trust Clearance can apply for this role.
In order to meet the clearance requirements for this opportunity, candidates must be eligible to work in the United States and should have resided in the US for at least 3 years. This is a full-time position. Please no agencies, third parties, or corp-to-corp.
All candidates will be subject to a complete background check to include, but not limited to Criminal History, Education Verification, Professional Certification Verification, Verification of Previous Employment, and Credit History.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Spatial Front Inc participates in E-Verify.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: