Emergency Reporting is a leading records management solution for Fire and Emergency Services. As a SaaS company, our software and IT departments work collaboratively to provide a highly available, reliable, and secure platform for every one of our customers; from volunteer fire departments in small towns, to large metropolitan fire agencies. Our cloud-based software is born from the fire departments we serve and help to keep us grounded.
This position provides leadership and coordination of the strategy and management within IT. Leads and directs strategy across all of IT, manages budget, and ensures disciplined approaches to meet strong professional standards. As a cross-functional leadership role, this position works collaboratively with various stakeholders in the organization. Ensures IT policies, processes, and procedures are written, current, and known in order to drive disciplined professional practices. Ensures the IT architecture is designed, documented, modern, and secure. Oversees day to day functional operations to ensure alignment with defined practices. Oversees long-term planning and discipline for certifications, business continuity, and incident response readiness.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Strive to support and exhibit ER’s company values and culture.
- Adhere to applicable policies and procedures.
MANAGERIAL / LEADERSHIP JOB FUNCTIONS:
Team and Individual Leadership
- With the Chief Technology Officer (CTO), establishes department/team level goals and objectives to support corporate strategy.
- Actively manages direct reports to ensure understanding of individual expectations, goals, and objectives, as well as ensuring teamwork and collaboration to achieve department/team goals and objectives.
- Provides regular coaching, feedback, and professional development for direct reports.
- Administers formal annual performance reviews for direct reports.
- Recognizes and supports high-potential employees.
- Collaborates in the development and implementation of the annual budget.
- Effectively manages the budget to meet financial objectives.
- Identifies and manages risks within the team, aligned with company risk management practices.
- Adheres to ER signing authority rules for contract execution and purchasing decision limits.
- Ensures compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and best practices.
- Identifies and selects appropriate vendors to meet assigned objectives. Ensures adequate negotiation for fair pricing.
- Manages vendor performance and vendor relations.
- Reports regularly on operational effectiveness, financial performance, and progress against goals through KPIs and other means as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Business & Technology Planning
- Defines and ensures clean standards and implementation of best practices for IT services in this mission critical production systems in datacenter and cloud hosted environments.
- Develops and drives the IT vision and strategy to ensure its alignment with company objectives and strategy.
- Defines and oversees best practices for IT planning, management, and execution.
- Creates, modernizes, and oversees ER’s IT policies, plans and procedures to ensure:
Industry best practices are followed and kept modern.
Alignment with ER business strategic goals.
Conformity with applicable regulations, and certification requirements.
Policies are followed, reviewed, and adjusted regularly.
Long-Term Planning & Discipline
- Ensures and oversees that ER’s plans and discipline protect the business. Includes:
- Business continuity planning
- Security testing, requirement planning, and follow-through
- Ongoing compliance with RMF, FedRAMP, HIPAA, GDPR, and other applicable regulations pertinent to the business
- Threat modeling and protection strategies
Functional & Day to Day Oversight
Oversees and ensures cross-departmental disciplines including:
- Adherence to formal change management
- System monitoring and tracking
- Ensure daily/weekly/ monthly/ quarterly/ annual tasks & tracking
- KPIs and measurement
- Budget and expense management
- Security tracking, management, and communication
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Attends all-hands meetings, company trainings, manager meetings, or other company events.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the CTO.
QUALIFICATIONS – EDUCATION, LICENSES & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems management, cybersecurity or related field
- Five or more years leadership experience managing in a mission critical IT environment
- Three or more years leadership experience with responsibility for production systems and/or responsibility for mission critical security, scalability, and uptime
- Three or more years experience with cloud, SaaS production systems
- Two or more years experience in DoD security management, including DISA STIGs, FedRAMP, RMF, and/or DIACAP
- Two or more years experience meeting regulatory requirements such as HIPAA, PCI, etc.
- Expert system security knowledge, certification(s) preferred
- Certification in IT change management processes such as ITIL preferred
- Experience in risk management and formal incident response
- Experience in business continuity and disaster recovery planning
- Strong experience with cloud hosting platform(s) such as MS Azure, or Amazon AWS, certification(s) preferred
- Involvement in industry groups and speaking engagements a plus
- Other combinations of education and experience that provide the incumbent with the necessary qualifications may be considered
QUALIFICATIONS – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Deep knowledge of SaaS application and cloud-first architectures
- Strong knowledge of Agile Scrum processes, procedures and ceremonies
- Skilled with using Azure DevOps to manage projects and monitor KBIs
- Strong knowledge of web applications and virtual environments
- Expert knowledge of server, network, and storage management
- Strong knowledge of MS SQL Server
- Deep troubleshooting and automating experience using server management tools such as, PowerShell, Scheduled Tasks, etc.
- Detailed security, auditing, and threat analysis knowledge
- Solid supervisory skills including conflict resolution, problem analysis and decision-making, adaptability, flexibility, and time management
- Goals- and results-oriented, with a passion for excellence
- Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized and detail- and accuracy-oriented, including ability to effectively document and resolve issues
- Able to learn and adapt to changing technologies and procedures
- Able to be a competent, effective, and collaborative team leader
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule, and manage various projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, problem solve and work independently
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Incumbent is subject to a background check and appropriate security clearances.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Able to work in a secure environment possibly connecting privacy data and working with systems for government information use.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Travel: Some travel may be required.
- Mobility: Work is performed in an office or home office setting and may require sitting for long periods of time. When in the office, must be able to move throughout the office to interact with employees.
- Hearing: Must be able to hear verbal conversations over the phone, using collaboration tools, and in-person with background noise.
- Vision: Must be able to consistently identify objects and persons at a distance and read fine print on various forms.
- Home office: Must have safe, productive home work space with access to stable Internet and can support video conferencing.
The statements contained in this document reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: