We are looking for a Junior Data Analyst with excellent math and logic skills, strong attention to detail, and the desire to learn new tools and strategies. This individual will focus on data cleaning, wrangling, and classification tasks to maintain consistent taxonomies, labeling, and data management practices. This individual will also have the opportunity to learn about data mining, data cleansing, data analysis, and visualization. The primary function will be to create and maintain existing analytic solutions while gaining guided experience in the advanced reporting functions to enable increased responsibility over time. It is also important that this person feel comfortable in a fast-paced team environment.
You Will Be
- Working with media teams to ensure data integrity across all lines of business.
- Building internal reports that help media teams make informed decisions.
- Making platform and CRM data more accessible, understandable, and usable.
- Learning to transform, improve and integrate data, depending on the business requirements.
- Planning and scoping end-to-end data validation projects by identifying the business problem, and selecting appropriate investigative testing and solutions.
- Collaborating with other analysts to complete technical tasks Using SQL and BigQuery to combine data sets across multiple sources.
- Delivering the data in a useful and appealing way to technical and non-technical audiences using LookerClearly documenting and cataloging new processes and workflows for reproducibility.
- Querying, cleaning, formatting, and structuring data for analysis using technical tools such as Excel, Google Sheets, and/or programmatically.
- Interpreting, presenting and communicating results by creating presentations and/or dashboards that communicate a succinct and compelling business story, driving decisions through research results (to technical and non-technical audiences).
- Learning how to automate data gathering, blending, and transformation of data.
- Working across various departments to understand client needs
You Must Have
- 0-1 year of hands-on data analysis experience within an agency or in-house environment.
- Experience and comfort with at least one programing language for data analysis (i.e.: Python or R).
- Intermediate experience in SQL for data wrangling, cleaning, and formatting.
- Familiarity with at least one BI platform and the ability to learn others (i.e.: Looker, Tableau, MicroStrategy, Power BI, Datorama, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet programs (ie: Excel, Google Sheets, etc.).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work with large amounts of information and see the bigger picture.
- Excellent math/statistical skills with the ability to juggle facts, figures, and number crunching.
- An interest in learning new analytic methodologies and technical toolsHigh attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and the ability to tell a “data story”.
- Critical thinking
Nice To Have
- Familiarity with command-line scripting.
- Experience with version control (ie: Git).
- Working knowledge with Analytics software such as Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics.
- Experience with Media Advertising Platforms such as Google Ads, Bing Ads, Yahoo Gemini.
- Experience with digital marketing tools such as Doubleclick, Facebook Ads, The Trade Desk, Google Ads, etc.
- Experience with statistical modeling and/or machine learning a plus.
- An interest or passion for marketing/web analytics
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting