100% Remote (EST Time Zone) Client located in Pennsylvania.
6 Months possible conversion without sponsorship
Three most important qualifications: Experience with data modeling tools, specifically ERwin, 5+ years strong native SQL skills
- We are looking for a Data Architect who will lead and be a change agent for Data Architecture and Data Warehousing globally and on our Big Data Factory.
- In this role you will continually evolve and support the basic tenants of good data architecture across the organization. As a Data Architecture you will have administration, architecture, design development and implementation responsibilities at a project level but must also be able to think at the enterprise level and drive towards our strategic initiatives with Big Data.
- Our ideal candidate is someone who is comfortable working in a fast paced collaborative team environment and one who is a passionate problem solver who is highly focused and demonstrates agility.
- Contribute to Data Architecture by providing ongoing analysis of enterprise data stores to ensure the overall architecture remains appropriate and optimal for current and planned usage.
- Working with our client Global Data Model and/or other Data Models (i.e. OMOP) and mapping/transforming data to these models and devising approaches to speed up this data transformation (i.e. profiling, auto matching/bridging, Machine Learning associations/classifications, etc).
- Participate in requirements gathering, technical specifications, architectural design and support development as it relates to database design, access and utilization.
- Contribute to the overall direction relative to systems of record and how data compliance, governance and regulations affect the handling of data among applications and the overall design recommendations.
- Serve as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues and as a training resource on understanding and handling the company's data
- Receive complex work problems/questions, develop accurate estimates and create project and component work based on specifications. Understand SQL code of medium to high complexity in support of these activities and provide direction to others on how to handle the question going forward.
Technical Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree; Graduate degree in Information, Computer and /or Pharma Science is a plus
- Experience with data modeling tools, specifically ERwin (required)
- 5+ years strong native SQL skills
- 5+ years strong experience in database and data warehousing concepts and techniques. Must understand: relational and dimensional modeling, star/snowflake schema design, BI, Data Warehouse operating environments and related technologies, and ETL, MDM, and data governance practices.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment
- Ability to complete the full lifecycle of software development and deliver on time
- Ability to work with end-users to gather requirements and convert them to working documents
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including a positive, solution-oriented attitude
- Must be passionate, flexible and innovative in utilizing the tools, their experience, and any other resources, to effectively deliver to very challenging and always changing business requirements with continuous success
- Must be able to interface with various solution/business areas to understand the requirements and prepare documentation to support development
The following Technical Skills and Qualifications are nice to have:
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem (Hadoop, Hive, Impala, HBase, MapReduce/Yarn, etc)
- 5+ years of experience in Linux environments
- 5+ years strong programming and system administration skills
- 1+ years working with development lifecycle tools, such as, Jira, Jenkins, Git, other DevOps tools
- Familiarity with Object Oriented concepts and languages, such as Java
- Familiarity with Functional programming concepts and languages, such as Scala
- Experience applying Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment methodologies
- Experience with unit testing frameworks and/or test driven development
- 1+ years working with Data Virtualization tools
- Liquibase, Jboss Administration, building and supporting containers with Docker, Kubernetes or Mesosphere
- Healthcare experience is a plus
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: