Data Analyst | Analytics | Insurance
Virtual Req #943
Saturday, May 29, 2021
The Data Analyst provides business and technical expertise in collecting, analyzing, mining data as well as advanced analytics model development as part of client solution teams. The Data Analyst will work on project teams to support a variety of customer needs in the design and development of data and analytics solutions.
- Conduct analysis of source systems to understand the data, types of data, relationships and quality.
- Collaborate with the business and technical teams to identify source systems
- Create functional & technical documents documenting the plan and findings of analysis in order to act as a foundation of knowledge of the data within a system(s).
- Collaborate with business users to identify attributes that require data quality and corresponding business rules. Profile data, analyze user requirements, and translate & apply business rules to data quality rules.
- Through data profiling and data quality assessments, produce and understanding of the overall condition of data within a system(s), documentation of the issues, and in the case of data issues, develop recommendations to remediate.
- Contribute to enterprise data management and advanced analytics best practices and implementation methodologies by reviewing, updating, developing documents such as templates, presentations, trainings, etc.
- Stay current on new/emerging Data and Analytics leading practices and supporting technologies. Become a subject matter advisor ready to provide client guidance and support.
- Participate in the creation and management of engagement proposals and Statements of Work.
- Provide support to Analytics leadership developing collateral for new customer opportunities and new opportunities with existing customers.
- Contribute to and be able to independently manage project management tasks (e.g., status reports, project plans, work product summaries, etc.)
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Preferred 1-3 years’ insurance industry experience with a data analysis and visualization tools
- 1-3 years consulting experience preferred
- Strong understanding of data quality best practices and concepts
- Strong understanding of data analysis best practices and concepts
- Strong understanding of database design & development methodologies
- Strong understanding of relevant and emerging database technologies and tools
- Hands-on experience with large scale data warehousing and analytics projects
- Strong SQL/SAS/Python skills desired
- ETL experience a plus
- Strong pattern recognition skills, strong memory and attention to detail
- Ability to contribute to conceptual data modeling sessions to accurately define business processes, independently of data structures and then marries the two together.
- Ability to contribute and lead within teams, directly or indirectly, during the design and development of high-quality major modeling efforts, work products, and communication deliverables
- Can anticipate and mitigate questions/objections of readers such that the document “stands on its own.”
- Ability to conduct/participate in presentations to senior managers and large groups with calmness and ease.
- Demonstrates ability to create new and innovative solutions to problems that have previously not been encountered.
- Ability to work independently on projects as well as collaborate effectively across internal and external teams.
- Excels in a fast paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are required for success.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong PowerPoint skills desired
- Ability to think critically, reading and diagnosing issues indicated in log files.
- Must possess a comprehensive understanding of relational databases and technical documentation.
- Ability to work with multiple levels of the business (analyst thru VPs).
- Ability to develop both functional and technical documentation.
- Experience working with multi-level business communities.
- Pay Type
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting
2 d ago