Our manufacturing client who is the 2nd largest in the world in their industry, is seeking a Network Solutions Architect to join their team in a full-time role. This position is remote, and requires about 10% travel to their various office and manufacturing locations.
There will be plenty of opportunity for advancement, and this company has doubled in size twice in the past few years due to acquisitions and mergers. This is a fast-paced role, but the work is very rewarding. You will be working with the latest technologies. The CIO is very technical, invests in security, and is supportive of his team.
U.S. citizens and permanent residents are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor.
Plans, designs, implements, and supports local, wide, and wireless area networks as well as network security. Works on complex problems where analysis of the situation requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, design, implement and support major network projects and systems including WAN, LAN, WLAN, VOIP, voice/data circuits, routers/switches, and cellular technologies.
- Plan, design, implement and support external communications including DMZ and Firewall.
- Plan, design, implement and support Internet communications including bandwidth restrictions and site monitoring.
- Analyze service trends, provide recommendations, and implement changes.
- Implement and support SAN network infrastructure including installations and maintenance.
- Develop and execute disaster plan for WAN, LAN, WLAN, VOIP, voice/data circuits, routers/switches, and cellular technologies.
- Implement network cable systems.
- Create and maintain process documents to ensure consistent with company policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, business or related field, or 8 years Networking Experience, OR
- 7-10 years of networking experience.
- Firewall Experience: Palo Alto, Cisco
- Core/Edge Switch Experience: Cisco, HP, Meraki
- SD-WAN Experience: Silver Peak, Versa
- Telephony Experience
- Wireless Technology
- Network Security
- Experience in Manufacturing Environment (Segmentation of Manufacturing Equipment)
- Consolidation of networks for M&A (Mergers & Acquisitions)
- Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent organizational skills, including ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time.
- Ability to work on-call as needed.
- Able to lift 50 lbs
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Experience with network monitoring tools.
- Prior Oracle experience.
- Cert application experience.
- Cisco certifications in CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CCVP, CCSP.
- Telecom certifications.
- Citrix certification.
- Bradford experience
- IDS/IPS experience
- Wireless experience
Contact: Deborah Laster | two one four six one six five seven seven one | deborahl at staffingtechnologies dot com- provided by Dice
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: