Healthcare Intelligence Experts.
Symphony Health, part of the PRA Health Sciences family, is a team of curious thinkers and intellectual problem solvers driving the healthcare data industry forward. We leverage our large, integrated healthcare data repository and our analytic expertise to build customized, agile data solutions which answer the questions our clients - life science manufacturers, payers, and providers - have today, as well as those they’ll have tomorrow. Together, we can help patients get the right drugs at the right times.
At Symphony Health, we also pride ourselves on being collaborative and customer centric, and we do this by focusing on five key values:
- Love the Customer by consistently exceeding expectations
- Focus on Brilliant Execution by being detailed and accountable
- Differentiate ourselves by providing innovative solutions
- Build a High-Performance Culture which does not accept mediocrity
- Make it Fun by connecting as one passionate high-energy team.
The Database Programmer is a valuable resource on our team who will work individually and within teams, both On shore and in India, to analyze needs, determine requirements, and develop applications to support business and technology users. This person is expected to own assign tasks from requirement gathering to production deployment and monitoring.
What will you do?
- Analyze end-user needs and design, test, and develop software to satisfy demand, including providing estimates based on business requirements
- Understand and explore the constantly evolving tools within Hadoop ecosystem and apply them appropriately
- Design and implement large-scale ingest system in a Big Data Environment
- Analyze and translate business requirements in functional and non-functional system requirements
- Develop, implement, and maintain systems which conform to company’s information technology principles, software development methodology, architecture and best practices.
- Partner with infrastructure and architectural heads to ensure the application meets service level standards and roadmap requirements.
- Develop technical workflows using different modeling techniques.
- Debug problems with information systems using a variety of analytical skills, techniques, and resources.
- Provide cross- training, technical support, and documentation of information systems to peers and end users.
- Routinely communicate status (problems encountered, and time remaining to complete) to the team.
- Participate in code reviews by providing input and ensuring code developed adheres to established development standards solution.
- Participate in design sessions and provides input on the software solution.
- Develop and maintains new and existing client applications.
- Create custom and ad hoc reports
What do you have?
- 3 years of relevant experience, including experience in design and implementation using Oracle
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent.
- Good understanding of Oracle architecture
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Hands on experience on Unix shell Perl Scripting
- Experience working with cross functional teams to meet strategic goals in high volume data environments
- Experience in Performance tuning, Requirements review, and working through business questions
- Experience in Agile work environment
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience with AWS, Redshift Database, and Snowflake Database strongly preferred.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education and experience stated above. All employees must read, write and speak fluent English and host country language.
PRA is an EEO/AA employer and is committed to providing opportunities to minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting