Data Analyst III
Friday, June 4, 2021
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is a subscription-led and digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to empowering communities to thrive. With an unmatched reach at the national and local level, Gannett touches the lives of millions with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services.
Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
- Provide analytic direction on strategies/tactics and help guide content strategists to improve our newsletter performance and retention marketing programs.
- Serve as a primary point of contact between many of our stakeholders around managing and enhancing our newsletter and content measurement.
- Work closely with content strategy and rest of the marketing analytics team to ensure integrity and accuracy of relevant data
- Build multi-dimensional cross platform performance reports/dashboards for company and competitor content
- Understand how to make data visually appealing and simple to both navigate and comprehend for end-users
- Aggregate data from various sources to construct streamlined data pipelines and integrate data from multiple systems
- Identify key metrics and build exec-facing dashboards to track progress of the business and its highest priority initiatives
- Identify key business levers, establish cause & effect, perform analyses, and communicate key
- Construct methodologies and metrics for understanding content’s value to business
- Work closely with other members of Insights & Analytics team to join data sources across verticals to create a holistic understanding of customer and how they interact with our products
- Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) in statistics, math, economics or related quantitative field. Data science or advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of data/marketing analysis experience (email marketing analytics experience a plus)
- Advanced SQL skills (BigQuery experience). Optimization of queries of high complexity in large dataset. Scripting experience with programming languages such as Python a big plus
- Strong analytical skills - ability to analyze data, decipher trends, and develop and explain the story behind the numbers
- Proficiency with Google Analytics, Excel, PowerPoint, and Tableau (or other relevant tools)
- Strong communication and presentation skills required
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, very collaborative and environment
- Must possess a keen analytical mindset and high capability to plan, organize and prioritize work - balancing resources, skills and priorities to achieve success.
- Highly driven self-starter, motivated, and detail oriented
- Familiar with email marketing a plus
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, or veteran status.
- Job Family
- Job Function
- Pay Type
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: