Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Act as team facilitator and challenge performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow and velocity; address roadblocks as they arise and help the team focus on iteration goals and program increment objectives
- Apply Lean/Agile values and principles to an engineering team
- Engage in and communicates tech incidents to impacted stakeholders
- Recognize trends spanning multiple tech incidents and work with the team to ensure the appropriate resolution is found
- Can create a detail design document through the assessment of business requirements. Can work in a team to assess alternatives to different designs and choose best solution to fit business needs.
- Demonstrates an ability to read, interpret, create and maintain complex conceptual, logical and physical models to include context diagrams, data flow diagrams, process flow diagrams, data dictionaries and logical flow charts, under limited supervision.
- Manage the development of unit test plans which include regression testing and the packaging of tests into consecutive steps based on logical dependencies to ensure quality delivery. Assists in the development of functional test plans used to verify that a specific system functions according to actual requirements and established guidelines.
- Ability to triage and resolve application and integration issues. Document and track product defects. Demonstrates the ability to manage the development and implementation of solutions for the causes identified.
- Manages the development of complex, modular and reusable application code which utilizes SQL data sources. Able to performance tune applications. Develops multiple, modular objects and the messaging interface between objects to create a complex software package. Reuses objects and can create object inventories.
- Adheres to and contributes to definition of good database design practices. Conceptual understanding of referential integrity, locking and transaction processing. Understands impact of data modeling decisions on system performance and resource usage. Able to develop complex queries and update tables.
- Manage using an Agile SDLC/Change Management for developing, testing, maintaining and deploying code. Establish coding standards and evaluate staff's adherence to those standards.
- Has an understanding of the strategic alignment of IT solutions with business objectives.
- Responsible for the delivery and support of software system solutions that support the operations of the company on a 24x7x365 basis.
- Assess opportunities for application improvement and prepare documentation of rationale
- Perform design and code reviews
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
- Provide technical guidance to team members
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in application software development, maintenance, implementation, and support
- Some experience in management, leadership, mentorship and/or administration
- 3+ years of experience in programming in C#, HTML, .NET or similar object oriented/functional programming languages
- 3+ years' experience in an enterprise-class IT operations environment with systems analysis/development
- 2+ years working with SQL Server and T-SQL
- Experience using standard middleware interface/integration architecture and techniques (SOA, Web services, SOAP / WSDL / XML, REST, SAML, APIs)
- 2+ years of experience using work-item tracking tools and code repositories, preferably Team Foundation Server, Jira, GIT, and Confluence.
- A self-starter with the ability to work on-site and remote
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills, Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field is desired
About Harvard Partners, LLP, Trusted Advisors to IT:
Harvard Partners is a management consulting firm focused on helping companies more effectively leverage their IT investment. We engage with the C-Suite and Technology Team to help them better understand their IT infrastructure and process in order to align the technology strategy and organization to reach the firm’s strategic business goals.Some of our practices include:• Program/Project Management and "PMO as a Service"• IT Assessments• Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery• Optimized Infrastructure• Concierge Managed Services• Data Center Strategy, Transformation, and Migration• Cloud Management Programs• Security Assessments and Remediation• Staffing, technical & tacticalWorking with the client’s staff, vendors, and consultants, we deliver supportive and collaborative engagements where direct dialog, simplified reporting, productive meetings, and clear responsibility and accountability encourage active participation resulting in consensus-based business outcomes.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: