Fideaux is seeking an SQL Server SSIS/SSRS Developer for a immediate contract opportunity with one of our clients. This work is 100% Remote and is a 1099 only role. You can be located anywhere in the USA. You need to provide your own computer, phone and have reliable high speed internet access (50+mbps). We are looking for someone who can start within 1 week of acceptance.
Role: SQL Server Developer
- Designs and develops ETL solutions using data warehouse design best practices in a SQL Server environment
- Assist in the support of daily production support activities
- Analyze data requirements, complex source data, and the data model, and determine the best methods in extracting, transforming and loading the data into the data staging, warehouse and other system integration projects.
- Analyze business requirements and outline solutions.
- Provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures.
- Document all ETL and data warehouse processes and flows.
- Create or update technical documentation for transition to support teams.
- Develop automated data audit and validation processes.
- Develop and deploy ETL job workflow with reliable error/exception handling and rollback.
- Design, Develop, Test, Adapt ETL code & jobs to accommodate changes in source data and new business requirements.
- Manage automation of file processing as well as all ETL processes within a job workflow.
- Develop, Contribute and adhere to the development of standards and sound procedural practices.
- Proactively communicate innovative ideas, solutions, and capabilities over and above the specific task request
- Effectively communicate status, workloads, offers to assist other areas.
- Collaboratively work with a team and independently. Continuously strive for high performing business solutions
- Perform and coordinate unit and system integration testing.
- Participate in design review sessions and ensure all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications.
- Ensure data quality throughout entire ETL process, including audits and feedback loops to sources of truth.
Position Qualifications (Required)
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree in a technology area of study; preferably in Computer Science, MIS or Analytics.
- 8+ years equivalent work experience in Information Technology.
- 8+ years of previous experience supporting data warehouse implementations
- 6+ years ETL development experience preferably using Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools/BIDS, with deep and thorough hands-on use of T-SQL.
- 6+ years of experience in relational and data warehouse database design, optimization and performance; preferably with MS SQL Server.
- Expertise/working knowledge in Data Warehouse Practices
- 7+ years in a structured IT organization with a variety of methodologies, and strong technical environment management.
- Experience with multiple SDLC methodologies - Waterfall and Agile.
- Extensive experience with data dictionaries, data analysis and relational databases.
- Proven understanding of SQL optimization (indexing and ability to interpret and act on execution plans).
Knowledge & Skills:
- Creative problem solver with excellent communication, leadership and collaboration skills.
- Advanced decision making and problem-solving skills
- Business acumen, knowledge and professionalism
- Proactive leadership style and a self-starter and strong attention to detail
- A clear and familiar understanding of the concepts and best practices of data warehouse ETL design
- Demonstrated expertise around the Microsoft SQL Server technologies (primarily SSIS).
- Foundational Database administration skills; Broad DW and application skills including Semantic Layer, Basic BI Development and basic data modeling & data analysis
- Methodical and structured approach to design, development and analytical problem solving.
- Delivery focused with the ability to prioritize activities.
- Flexible team player within a small, multi-disciplinary team.
Fideaux, Inc., (Headquartered in Flat Rock, NC) is an IT & Financial Solutions provider committed to delivering results. Since our founding in 2012, we have been partnering with our customers, understanding their business, and developing solutions with a commitment to quality, reliability and value.
Please respond with a copy of your resume MS Word resume.
Selected candidate will have to complete background check.
Relocation and living expenses not funded
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $50.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- When are you available to start the role if chosen? Can you start within 1 week of acceptance?
- This role will take turns on Production Support and will require a start time of 6:00am ET when on Primary Support. Are you willing and able to start at 6:00am ET when you are Primary?
- T-SQL: 5 years (Preferred)
- Data Warehouse: 5 years (Preferred)
- Production Support: 5 years (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: