“Making Healthcare Right. Together.” is the cornerstone of all we do. Our vision is through powerful relationships with Care Partners, we help all people live healthy and brighter lives. To successfully achieve our mission and vision as we operate in a dynamic health care environment, we expect Bright employees to embody and uphold our core values in work and interactions, both internal and external: be brave, be brilliant, be accountable, be inclusive, and be collaborative.
Our Sr. Software Engineers are responsible for building the API and data models powering our virtual care platform. They work closely with members of the Architecture, Product, Quality, and Integration teams during various phases of the development cycle. They also help the engineering team communicate about app functionality during team demos and as needed for the implementation and support teams. All of our software development teams work using the Scrum process with a two-week sprint cycle.
The DocSquad Virtual Visits engineering team is currently working on a few large scope projects including an Internationalization framework (starting with Spanish translation of all content), functionality to allow supervising clinicians to review visits by advanced practice registered nurses (e.g. nurse practitioner or PA), and the ability for patients to schedule their own virtual visits (including integration with external scheduling systems). We’re also looking at enhancing our video capabilities to be as good or better than other virtual care products in the market.
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing API endpoints, services, and data models for multiple Rails applications.
- Work closely with architects and product owners as they create conceptual designs and technical specifications for client-side application work
- Implement the functionality as designed, including automated tests.
- Participate in project technical design meetings as needed and collaborate on feature implementation requirements with architects and product owners
- Collaborate with quality engineers to create and deliver test plans including automated and manual test plans to meet quality objectives
- Perform code reviews of other engineers’ code and mentor other engineering colleagues in best practices for general software development, Rails development, and new technologies
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS Degree in computer science, information systems, or related field strongly preferred or equivalent experience
- 4-6 years experience working on MVC-based web applications, demonstrating increasing skill in tackling technical challenges.
- Desire (and proven ability) to pick up new frameworks and concepts
- Experience working on and designing APIs for web applications
- Experience working with an RDBMS such as PostgreSQL and strong familiarity with relational database concepts
- Strong understanding of our core technologies and frameworks, including Ruby, Rails, PostgreSQL, RSpec, and Capybara
- Experience with any of the following appreciated but not required: Front-end JS frameworks, web security, WebSockets for real-time messaging, AI / ML concepts and using ML models in production applications
- Strong understanding of, and willingness to mentor others in, software development practices and concepts such as object-oriented programming, web application technologies, web application security, and testing best practices.
- Understanding of the analysis of programs such as space and time complexity.
- Capable of communicating technical concepts and ideas to other engineers and to non-engineering members of the team.
- Able to discuss application features & use cases with end users and customer contacts.
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment and work on a wide variety of tasks and projects
- Professional – unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character with high moral and ethical behavior
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like Modern Healthcare and Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our team!
Check out this great video showcasing just some of the fantastic Technology Team broadcasting from our ATX office!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting