Business Intelligence Report Developer
Are you interested in joining a rapidly-growing, dynamic Pharmacy Benefit Management company working in a full-plate plus environment? SOUTHERN SCRIPTS, LLC is growing and looking for incredible talent! Southern Scripts, LLC provides comprehensive pharmacy benefit management services and healthcare plans for employers. We offer a Prescription Benefit Management option that restores balance between the need for sound prescription management strategies and meeting the health needs of a company's employees and their families.
Currently, we are experiencing accelerated growth in a rapidly changing industry. There's never been a better time to join our team. We are seeking motivated, coachable, self-driven individuals that possess a servant leadership philosophy and are looking for long term positions at Southern Scripts, LLC.
Role and Responsibilities
The Business Intelligence (BI) Report Developer position develops and implements a process to identify management's intelligence needs; gathers the related information; analyzes the relevant information; provides timely reports to be acted upon based on the analyses; and implements the recommendations of intelligence reporting and management. The BI Report Developer must be an analytical thinker with strong problem solving skills; demonstrates attention to detail; be able to communicate effectively between technical and non-technical teams; and have the ability to work with team members and ask questions to get to the desired results of a request.
- Create, troubleshoot, and maintain SSRS reports and their corresponding data sets
- Create, troubleshoot, and maintain Power BI reports based on company endorsed data models
- Collaborate with product owners, stakeholders and the BI team on reporting and analysis projects
- Validate report functionality with internal staff and end-users
- Collaborate with internal QA on acceptance testing and data validation
- Adhere to development standard operating procedures including design specifications, unit testing and the BI development lifecycle
- Abide by all obligations under HIPAA related to Protected Health Information (PHI).
- If a HIPAA violation is discovered, whether individually or by another, you must report the violation to the Compliance Officer and/or Human Resources.
- Attend, complete, and demonstrate competency in all required HIPAA Training offered by the company.
- Flexibility to understand, appreciate and embrace that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Experience with SQL Server 2008 R2 or above
- Deep understanding of relational databases and query development using TSQL
- 3+ years of experience using SSRS development environments Visual Studio and Report Builder 3.0
- Experience developing Power BI reports
- Strong communication skills
Strongly Desired Skills
- Understanding of Kimball/Star-Schema data warehouse database design
- Development of reports using SQL Server Analysis Services Multidimensional
- Knowledge of query development using MDX
- Power BI modeling; DAX and M a plus
- Experience with Agile Scrum and Kanban development methodologies
- Experience in Healthcare/PBM/Pharmacy reporting
No direct supervisory responsibility.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the "core" work hours of 8:00AM to 5:00PM CT. We cover clients from West to East Coast, work times must be adjusted to cover meetings in all time zones. Ability to work extended hours, weekends and holidays pursuant with industry demands.
This position may require some travel.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Undergraduate degree in Information Systems or similar
- 3+ years SQL query development
- 3+ years SSRS development
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Southern Scripts, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EOE M/F/D/V
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: