Collegis Education is marketing and technology education solutions company that offers industry-leading services for colleges and universities of every size in every sector. Using a proactive and data-driven approach, Collegis Education empowers institutions to make a broader impact by providing insights that help grow enrollments, improve student outcomes and optimize expenses. With several decades of experience working within the higher education industry, the team at Collegis Education was founded within the walls of a college and expanded to help change more lives through education. Currently, the infrastructures established by Collegis Education support more than 40,000 students nationwide. For more information about Collegis Education, please visit www.CollegisEducation.com.
The Developer is responsible for the complete software development life cycle to meet enterprise needs for decision making as well as analyze reporting requirements, enterprise data model and data integration to deliver enterprise solutions. Individuals in this position will be expected to expand their knowledge of Higher Education, Anthology Student (Campus Nexus Student) database and applications, and the development of Forms Builder forms and work flows under the direction of senior developers.
Primary Responsibilities, Essential Functions and Requirements:
- Works well with end users that may not possess technical skills to understand their information needs.
- Works independently, as part of a team, or under the direction of a Project Manager to define concepts, provide system knowledge and expertise and actively promote the project objectives.
- Works to develop fluency in Anthology Forms Builder, Work Flow, SQL and API’s.
- Ability to adapt to new technology with minimal training.
- General development knowledge of variables, arguments, control logic, exception handling, debugging, etc.
- Analyze partner’s challenges and take a role in the design, development and implementation of comprehensive solutions that integrate smoothly into partner environments.
- Document business processes and system requirements.
- Contribute to the complete software development life cycle: defining, designing, building, testing, and deploying.
- Drives continuous process improvement and best practices through technical documentation and implementation methodology.
- Assist in conversion of systems and software upgrades.
- Prioritize workload to accomplish necessary duties and support issues with various teams.
- Adhere to and enforce the appropriate information security policies based on the sensitivity of company data and report any security related issues.
- Reduce risk of theft, fraud, or misuse of information assets by acting as the data steward for the application(s) you administer.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years’ experience of either Microsoft Flows, SQL queries or Visual Studio .net.
- Experience working with API’s is preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced IT team environment.
- Multi-task many projects effectively.
- Solid understanding of development and programming best practices.
- Ability to translate standard requirements into technical tasks.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to adhere to project schedules, project constraints and the prioritization of project tasks.
- Knowledge of Higher Education practices.
- Display courtesy, tact and respect when working with others.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and manage tasks and activities.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of student private information.
Education, Certifications and Licensures:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
Collegis Education is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: