Zensurance is a fast growing start-up turned “scale-up”, insure-tech company that is disrupting the insurance market. Zensurance is focused on building a market leading insurance platform that helps small and medium sized businesses manage their business risks. This task requires us to engineer from scratch, a customer-centric organization and product. We are boldly going where no insurance broker has gone before!
Do others describe you as logical, analytical, and curious? Do you understand/have an appreciation for the technical aspects of data engineering and analysis, but are much more interested in the logical structures of the data? Are you considered a master of asking smart questions? Are you a strong listener, and have a knack for translating stakeholder requests into technical solutions? Do you enjoy finding the common denominator and strive to have consistent terminology used in datasets across the organization? If you answered yes to these questions, keep reading!
We’re a data-first organization and we are looking for a Data Product Manager to work with the Engineering data team. In this role, you will build strategies and implement solutions that drive data-oriented decisions across the organization. You will also help build strong, deep, and clean data sets, models, and visualizations. You will also evangelize consistency in data, tool usage, and documentation.
- Identify high-value problems and turn them into features that delight users
- Set a clear product vision and OKRs by collaborating with stakeholders
- Work with leadership and engineering team to define short and long-term roadmaps
- Own product backlog, sprint planning, and user stories, and build comprehensive project and implementation plans
- Methodically prioritize features, and set success metrics to measure the intended outcome of the features
- Continuously find ways to better the product, seeking improvement and embracing critique
- Work with data team to improve and implement best practices that drive data-oriented decisions across the organization
- Create clear and consistent terminology that will ensure our datasets are clean and optimized for data-driven business decisions
- Help internal stakeholders to use data tools (Looker, Amplitude) through documentation and workshops
- Be the data expert within the product team
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-5 years of experience in software product management and Agile/Scrum processes
- University degree or college diploma in a recognized technical, vocational or academic program (preferably in Engineering or Computer Science) or equivalent work experience
- Experience with SQL or Python, or at least a strong understanding of databases
- Understands intricacies of data models to help deliver insights
- Experience with data analytics platforms similar to Looker, Amplitude, Fullstory, Pendo
- Ability to develop, mental models of complex systems
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Proven ability to effectively work with engineering teams and willingness to get into technical details to deliver successful solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong active listening skills
- Proven ability to lead and deliver multiple projects simultaneously
- Passion for delivering a product in a fast and iterative way
- Passion for working collaboratively in a team setting
- Knowledge of commercial insurance
- Ability to work remotely anywhere in Canada
Perks we offer at Zensurance:
Opportunity to work for Canada’s fastest-growing insurtech startup
- Contemporary office downtown TO, 1 minute from Osgoode Station and 7 minutes from Union Station
- Flexible work environment/work from home arrangements available to everyone
- Modern technology - laptops provided to all staff
- Comprehensive, flexible health, including mental health, and dental plans to suit all lifestyles
- Parental Leave top-up
- Weekly Friday company-wide meetings
- Build next level relationships with your peers through scheduled companywide virtual team building events
- Be a part of something special, we are confident you won’t find any other insurance company like us :)
Who we are. What we're building.
Business is hard work, insurance doesn’t have to be!
At Zensurance we believe that teamwork makes the dream work.
We are passionate about providing business owners with the best insurance solutions at great rates through an online and easy-to-use platform.
Our secret sauce is all about our culture. Here at Zensurance our culture is built on four core values that we live and breathe every day, they are:
INTEGRITY: We do what's right.
INCLUDE: We are an open and safe space for all.
INVENT: We take an innovative approach to creating straightforward solutions for our customers.
DELIVER: We set ambitious goals and hold ourselves accountable to achieving them.
If reading all that piqued your interest, drop us a line and let us know why you would be a great fit for us. Whether it be through a resume - or something else you think is better - send us what you believe will impress us. Show us your creative process - how you think and solve problems!
True to its Canadian values, Zensurance celebrates diversity in its workforce structure and encourages applications from all backgrounds.
Zensurance is an inclusive employer that celebrates diversity in its workforce structure. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the recruiter, if you require accommodation; to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Error on reporting
2 d ago