Agilence (www.agilenceinc.com) is the leader in cloud-based data analytics for store operations and loss prevention in the Retail and Restaurant industries. We develop Agilence Data Analytics, an intelligent reporting solution that enables organizations to easily connect the dots within their stores or restaurants by automatically collecting and summarizing data to identify anomalies and trends that can improve operations and reduce fraud. Our product provides users with a complete view of their business, empowering them to make informed decisions faster, improving profit margins across the enterprise.
As a Senior MSSQL Database Engineer you will support the ongoing operations of the Agilence product suite. You will be part of an agile team working with other engineers, testers, architects, and product owners to build world-class enterprise software using modern tools and techniques in the cloud. You will have the ability to directly influence how we build and operate our products and will only be limited by your ability to think outside of the box.
- Work with Operations and Development teams on database daily management as well as longer-term database projects.
- Participate in technical planning & requirements gathering phases including writing/modifying user stories, designing solutions based on requirements, developing test plans, and creating technical documentation.
- Proactively ensure optimal availability and performance of the database systems.
- Develop improvement and maintenance plans for databases to include installations, upgrades, migrations, and ongoing monitoring.
- Identify root cause of technical problems and implement change to reduce or prevent future problems.
- Resolve database performance issues, capacity needs, and security concerns.
- Work with developers to tune SQL, stored procedures, etc. for optimal performance.
- Identify and implement automation of routine tasks.
- Some off-hours work required during maintenance windows and/or on-call.
- Deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
- BS in Computer Science, IT or related discipline; or equivalent practical experience.
- Possess a minimum of 8 years of related experience.
- Be process-oriented with strong execution and follow-through skills.
- Have experience supporting current version releases of Microsoft SQL Server in a production environment.
- Have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Be a team player with ability to multitask with minimal supervision and high reliability.
- Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Have experience with the Microsoft SQL Server installation and upgrade process for both standalone and clustered servers.
- Have experience with VMware and/or Hyper-V virtualization.
- Knowledge of Analysis Services/Reporting Services/SSIS.
- Ability to automate routine tasks with infrastructure scripting solutions such as PowerShell, Python, or Bash.
- Have a strong customer focus, including the ability to focus on the client's requirements and exceed expectations.
- Expert knowledge in T-SQL and Microsoft SQL-Server 2012 / 2014
- Ideally you will have experience in object oriented software development with C# .NET and the design of software in the database environment.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a plus.
- Experience monitoring highly distributed systems using tools such as the Elastic Stack.
- Experience with Linux operating system environments
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: