If you’re passionate about helping people protect what matters most to them, as well as innovating and simplifying processes and operations to provide the best customer value, then Nationwide’s Property and Casualty team could be the place for you!
This position reports up through E&S Claims
Detailed Job Requirements Needed: technical skills along with knowledge of the business. SQL knowledge and experience with databases (extracting data from a multitude of applications), Excel and Tableau (for analysis and providing results), SharePoint workflow design and maintenance.
Job Requirement Preferred: familiarity with insurance policy and claims concepts.
Job Requirement "Nice to Have": experience or desire to learn Python, R and Statistical Concepts.
Compensation Grade: G2
Job Description SummaryJOB SUMMARY: Consults with management and internal customers in determining data and information needs, and in determining the use of information to aid them in making business decisions. Identifies and executes appropriate research methodologies that will provide the information needed in an understandable format. Serves as lead to other analysts and as a subject matter expert for information needs and analysis. Plans and supports information project needs, special reporting, and new technology.
Reports t o; Director/AVP; may serve as a group/team leader role over 1-3 business analysis associates, and lead virtual teams.
1. Creates data/technical solutions to fit business requirements for gathering and reporting data and user interface on various projects. Functions as the expert in data extraction from databases, tables, data warehouses, and other sources. Develops, produces and maintains ad hoc and custom reports for information needs and analysis. Determines the level of information analysis needed based on customer needs and data availability. Uses various data access tools to pull information for reports and analysis.
2. Maintains the integrity of information in internal data bases. Using statistical analysis, identifies gaps in the data presented and makes recommendations for data maintenance.
3. Retrieves data from internal and external sources and data files in order to keep internal databases current and usable. Exports information to external sources.
4. Determines appropriate information and analysis to be shared with customers. Shares reports and information with appropriate area of the company as assigned.
5. Supports the research, analysis and presentation of information by: monitoring external sources, creating custom reports, compiling and summarizing information, producing supporting documentation and exhibits, and verification of information received from external sources.
6. Designs automated reporting processes which increase associate productivity. Consults with IT data warehouse on potential improvements to various data sources and reporting tools.
7. Serves as department expert on querying tools, data flow and contiguous process improvement. Assists other associates with preparation of reports and use of information systems, software and related sources of information. Trains other users on report preparation and data base access.
8. Manages special projects, and serves as data/technical lead and contact. Project team members typically consist of both team members and members from other departments.
9. Presents actionable recommendations, presentations, reports, and documents to help with the use of the information. Monitors, reviews and analyzes the external environment to support the research and analysis done with data extracted form internal sources. Presents and discusses these findings with customers.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate studies in business, insurance, mathematics or related field. Prefer degree and professional insurance coursework.
Experience: Typically eight or more years of related experience in a business information analysis role, or similar business related position that involves analysis, research, data analytics, problem solving, planning, coordinating and organizing.
Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of business information analysis concepts, data mining, various data sources, product terminology, processes, regulatory and compliance issues.
Skills: Verbal and written communication skills for interaction within the functional area, information documentation and report formulation. Ability to understand business information needs and to analyze data requests. Ability to work under tight time constraints. Ability to effectively operate a personal computer with business software applications for data import/export, manipulation, reporting and analysis. Applications/languages that may be utilized include: SQL, SQL Server, Virtual Basis, Microsoft Access/Excel.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing Exceptions: Staffing Exceptions to the above Minimum Job Requirements must be approved by the: Vice President, and HR AVP.
Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible (exempt)
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Extended periods of personal computer usage and report/information verification. Occasional extended and non-standard hours based on business information needs.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to the principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some associates assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if: