About the Company:
Avalon Healthcare Solutions, headquartered in Tampa, Florida, is a clinical services and information technology company using evidence-based medicine to develop and deploy medical policies and protocols in the high-volume, dynamic and complex diagnostic lab environment. The company manages the appropriate use of thousands of existing lab tests and researches new tests to determine efficacy and impact on patient care.
Studies show that 30% of clinical laboratory testing is unnecessary or overused. Inappropriate testing or missing a key screening can lead to complications and expense arising from unwarranted care, or not obtaining proper care when needed, leading to increased health risks and costs. Avalon helps ensure delivery of the right test, at the right time, and in the right setting. We seek to ensure the most effective patient treatment, improve clinical outcomes, and optimize cost and affordability.
Avalon is a portfolio company of Francisco Partners, a global private equity firm that specializes in investments in technology and technology-enabled service companies. Since its launch 15 years ago, FP has raised approximately $10 billion and invested in more than 150 companies.
Avalon is a high growth company where every associate has an opportunity to make a difference. You will be part of a team that shapes a new market and business. You'll enjoy seeing the results of your work as we rapidly implement our plan. Most importantly, you will help Avalon to achieve its mission and improve clinical outcomes and health care affordability for the people we serve.
For more about Avalon, please visit our web site at .
About the Software Engineering Team Lead Position:
Avalon's Software Engineering Team Leads must support Avalon projects through the use of software development tools under limited supervision using prescribed methodologies. You will analyze, design, develop, document and support various custom applications, portals, data exchanges, services and integration with other applications and systems to support the evolving needs of the company. Team Leads must work collaboratively with other technical and business resources, and they must use professional judgment in asking for assistance, discussing ideas, and seeking necessary approvals. Team Leads will also provide technical guidance to the other members of the Application Development team and determine the appropriate design to accomplish specified requirements.
This position is located in Tampa, FL. Avalon will consider remote candidates. This is a full-time, W-2 position. At this time, we can consider only local candidates authorized to work in the US. No sponsorship is available. No recruiter calls, please.
Software Engineering Team Lead - Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Can create a detail design document through the assessment of business requirements. Can work in a team to assess alternatives to different designs and choose best solution to fit business needs.
- Demonstrates an ability to read, interpret, create and maintain complex Conceptual, Logical and Physical models to include context diagrams, data flow diagrams, process flow diagrams, data dictionaries and logical flow charts, under limited supervision.
- Able to develop unit test plans which include regression testing and the packaging of tests into consecutive steps based on logical dependencies to ensure quality delivery. Assists in the development of functional test plans used to verify that a specific system functions according to actual requirements and established guidelines.
- Able to perform moderate to complex application administration & support. Ability to triage and resolve application and integration issues. Document and track product defects. Demonstrates the ability to develop and implement solutions for the causes identified.
- Develops complex, modular and reusable application code which utilizes SQL data sources. Able to performance tune applications. Develops multiple, modular objects and the messaging interface between objects to create a complex software package. Reuses objects and can create object inventories.
- Adheres to and contributes to definition of good database design practices. Conceptual understanding of referential integrity, locking and transaction processing. Understands impact of data modeling decisions on system performance and resource usage. Able to develop complex queries and update tables.
- Contribute to and follow the defined Avalon Agile SDLC / Change Management process for developing, testing, maintaining and deploying code. Contributes to and follows established coding standards.
- Has an understanding of the strategic alignment of IT solutions with business objectives. Demonstrates a working knowledge of specific components of health plan operations and associated technical dependencies.
- Responsible for the delivery and support of software system solutions that support the operations of the company on a 24x7x365 basis.
- Determine best design to accomplish specified requirements
- Assess opportunities for application improvement and prepare documentation of rationale
- Perform design and code reviews
- Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
- Provide technical guidance to team members
Software Engineering Team Lead - Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or a related discipline; or the equivalent years of relevant business and technical experience; Advanced degree desired.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in application software development, maintenance, implementation and support
- Experience with MS SQL Server and T-SQL.
- Experience using standard middleware interface/integration architecture and techniques (SOA, Web services, SOAP / WSDL / XML, REST, SAML, APIs).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- History of working in an Agile software development environment.
- Proven success delivering and supporting high quality solutions on time.
Software Engineering Team Lead - Qualifications Preferred:
- Healthcare knowledge or experience.
- Strong background with web services both SOAP and RESTful
- Integration of rules engine and BRMS with xml messages
- Experience working in an AWS or cloud base environment
- Planning, developing and deploying high volume, mission-critical software applications in a healthcare environment.
- Knowledge or experience with HIPAA regulations and standards for security (PHI, IIHI), privacy and transactions.
PI- provided by Dice
Let us know
Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on RemoteTechJobs and let us know if:
Overview:AAG, is the nation’s leading reverse mortgage lender. The company is dedicated to giving seniors a better financial outcome in retirement through the responsible use of home equity. In addition to federally-insured Home Equity Conversion (Reverse) Mortgages, AAG of
Our support team provides top notch support to our hosting customers around the world. In this position you would work with our Windows customers specifically to ensure their Windows hosting solution is exceeding expectations. This role also gets to work with our more complex set
Site Reliability Engineer - Remote Argyle is a remote-first, Series A fast-growing tech startup that has reimagined how we can use employment data.Renting an apartment, buying a car, refinancing a home, applying for a loan. The first question that they will ask you
Myticas Consulting is currently seeking a 100% Remote - Senior BI Developer for a contract position with our direct client.100% REMOTENOTE: Open for W2 candidates only!The top preference would be:5 or more years of experience in data analysis or reportingProficient in data visual
JOB DESCRIPTIONYou’re an original. So are we .We’re a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we build sustainabil